Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Every time I drive at night. I get high beams flashed at me a couple of times from oncoming drivers. :wave:

I'm wondering if these are simply too bright or if people think my highs are on because it is TWO projectors. Not sure what I can do about it.

Anyone else encountering this? :dunno:

·
/V | |2 4 |_
51 Posts
They're just flashing their highs because they are jealous loll. Your light beam may have hit them for a split second, and the people not knowing any better automatically assumed you got your highs on.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You probably hit a bump in the road. Front of the car rise and oncoming drivers gets hit by your lights...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're just flashing their highs because they are jealous loll. Your light beam may have hit them for a split second, and the people not knowing any better automatically assumed you got your highs on.
I have passed a lot of police cars too and not been stopped or flashed by them.

I think everyone is a little more or less sensitive.

This usually happens on streets where there is not a lot of street lights so the areas are much darker. On the main drags with bright orange street lights I don't encounter it too much.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Judging by some of the grannies on this board, some people are very concerned about bright lights and glare.

I get glare at least once every time I drive and it is often from a BMW or Audi or something that "should" have the correct self-leveling HIDs and the correct projectors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Judging by some of the grannies on this board, some people are very concerned about bright lights and glare.

I get glare at least once every time I drive and it is often from a BMW or Audi or something that "should" have the correct self-leveling HIDs and the correct projectors.
This brings up a question. Since HID Xenon lamps require self leveling. Why do the LEDS not require this?

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
I get flashed every so often and when I do, I just flash my high beams to let them know that I'm indeed using only my low beams.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
When we all had sealed beam headlights everyone's lights were the same brightness. With LED lights the brightness can be too bright and be blinding to oncoming drivers or drivers in front of you. Unfortunately, there are no laws governing headlight brightness. Why not just mount B747 landing lights on the front your car? Mine are brighter than yours. I must be special and don't care about blinding everyone else. Does having annoyingly bright headlights have some relationship to the size of your junk? :D

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
When we all had sealed beam headlights everyone's lights were the same brightness. With LED lights the brightness can be too bright and be blinding to oncoming drivers or drivers in front of you. Unfortunately, there are no laws governing headlight brightness. Why not just mount B747 landing lights on the front your car? Mine are brighter than yours. I must be special and don't care about blinding everyone else. Does having annoyingly bright headlights have some relationship to the size of your junk? :D
In the great US of A, more is always better. More horsepower, more soda in your bottle, more food on your plate at the restaurant, more cars in your garage, more square feet in your house. Why should this be any different? People geek out and want more lumens shooting out the front of their car. There is actually a use for this, though, since more light can give better view.

I've never been "BLINDED" by another car by the way, even though everyone says that. If a BMW or Audi or someone gives me some glare, I can just move my eyeballs slightly to the right and not look at their car, which is indeed what I do. It's not like that flash of light causes my eyes to explode and then I go off the road in a flaming crash.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
In the great US of A, more is always better.
More horsepower,
more soda in your bottle,
more food on your plate at the restaurant,
more cars in your garage,
more square feet in your house.
More teenagers wrapping their WRX's around trees,
More diabetes,
More obesity,
More bankruptcy,
More money for utility bills.

·
Registered
182 Posts
More teenagers wrapping their WRX's around trees,
More diabetes,
More obesity,
More bankruptcy,
More money for utility bills.
BOOM! Hit the nail on the head

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
In the great US of A, more is always better. More horsepower, more soda in your bottle, more food on your plate at the restaurant, more cars in your garage, more square feet in your house. Why should this be any different? People geek out and want more lumens shooting out the front of their car. There is actually a use for this, though, since more light can give better view.
True, except that the Canadian version of the Touring also comes with LEDs. And I'll bet it won't be long before ALL new cars have LED headlights, for that matter.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
I never said it was GOOD by the way, I just said it was a fact
I know boss....just chiming in. :) In a few years you will see legislation passed in California (and later several other states) about regulating and standardizing headlight "output".

Interesting that in the developing world (and Detroit) where street lights are non-existent, you CAN put aircraft-level search lights onto your car and people think you are smart.

Yeah, I remember a few articles back in 2008 about how food manufacturers concerned with rising commodity prices were slightly LOWERING the ounces and amounts in the same size packages of cereal, coffee, etc. to save them from having to raise prices.

Since the new packages were identical to the old (except for the lower ounce listed) very few caught it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've had the same thing happen a few times and I know mine are properly aimed.

I believe it's just due to the fact that there are 2 LED projectors on each side, people probably see it and assume it's high beams.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
This brings up a question. Since HID Xenon lamps require self leveling. Why do the LEDS not require this?
They (HID) are not required in the USA to be self-leveling. My 2011 Challenger had OE HID and they were not self leveling.

Jay

·
Registered
42 Posts
I now have 200 miles on my car and I have been flashed numerous times. Also had some unhappy drivers if you run up behind them too close...of course they are driving too slow.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The other issue that high bright headlights should have washers. HID lights have them. Why LED headlights don't have them? I don't get it.
And yes, I've got flashed numerous times as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts