Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2014 Accord EX, enjoying it but just wonder if I can have the LED strip light on it. Since I believe it is pretty hard for me to replace the whole headlight with the stock LED strip from Sport or EX-L. In simpler way to do this, can I just replace the stock strip light bulb into a LED bulb? Cheers~

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know there is a how to thread on this , i just can't help wondering if they move around inside and possibly cause problems. Also, I think they use the light plug that is already there.

found it
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87497&highlight=LED
sounds pretty complicate :/
any other way to deal with this, as simple as replacing the stock bulb into LED bulb?
I understand it will not be that graceful than inserting the LED strip, but I just don't have the technique to do this :(

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
ousooner2 50% discount? lol

I might have to order those soon. I need to do something with the lights. Already ordered the DDM 5k kit (mainly for the warranty and price). Now just need to find some good 5k switchbacks and cheap 5k fogs since the fogs light projection on the road sucks anyways

Love to see a pic of those outside during daytime. Those premium strips look great, but all my other hobbies are stealing my money at the moment...along with a little girl that seems to already have the pouty face "daddy but I want it" look down at 6 months

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Which color bulb is in that photo?

·
Registered
216 Posts
ousooner2 50% discount? lol

I might have to order those soon. I need to do something with the lights. Already ordered the DDM 5k kit (mainly for the warranty and price). Now just need to find some good 5k switchbacks and cheap 5k fogs since the fogs light projection on the road sucks anyways

Love to see a pic of those outside during daytime. Those premium strips look great, but all my other hobbies are stealing my money at the moment...along with a little girl that seems to already have the pouty face "daddy but I want it" look down at 6 months
Please let me know whenever you need :) Thank you.

Which color bulb is in that photo?
It is 7000K but actually the color balance was needed to be fixed little bit.

Jin, are the conical shaped bulbs; http://www.exledusa.com/exled-premium-power-led-t-10-bulb-pair.html, suppose to be brighter than the ones you just posted?
For the Accord Sedan parking lights, Yes, we tested them today and figured this 4P LED bulb is brighter than the conical one. :thmsup:

exLED Power LED parking lights for Honda Accord 9th - 4P (A Pair / 2ea)

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Please let me know whenever you need :) Thank you.

It is 7000K but actually the color balance was needed to be fixed little bit.

For the Accord Sedan parking lights, Yes, we tested them today and figured this bulb is brighter. :thmsup:

exLED Power LED parking lights for Honda Accord 9th - 4P (A Pair / 2ea)
Just to confirm which is brighter because you linked to the original bulbs... so the conical bulbs are brighter or the other one listed? Just want to make sure before placing another order.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thank you for the emails and PMs.

We have 4 different white color LEDs:

4000K Apricot White
5000K Pure White
6000K Cool White
7000K Purplish White

also
Red
Amber
Blue

Thanks,

Jin - exLEDusa.com

·
Registered
394 Posts
Jin, I bought these COB LEDs from ebay and have yet to install them since I've read they need to be run open air for awhile. Do you think the exLED parking light bulbs will be as bright or brighter than the ones I already have?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Jin, I bought these COB LEDs from ebay and have yet to install them since I've read they need to be run open air for awhile. Do you think the exLED parking light bulbs will be as bright or brighter than the ones I already have?
I am not sure which one is brighter however if they cause much heat, I wouln't use them. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put a LED replacement bulb in and while it made a noticeable difference the light did not shine all the way to the tip. I didn't think that it would, but it was cheap enough to try it. I just ordered the LED strip the goes in through the housing and plugs into the original socket. I'll post a pic up later today. Not a expensive option either.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts