Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some new pictures for those who were asking about the led handle mod i did. Well first off, I took these pictures because I updated my lighting. I added a small LED under the mirror so now I have the two on outside. since the wires were already in the door, it only too a few minutes to do. The first pic just shows the spot it leaves on the ground, its blurry because i was standing; no tripod. Second i put camera on the ground to see the light on door better. The last two add to the pics i have on the other thread (http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51354. It just shows how you have to cut the factory harness thing to get into the door nicely.

detatch the part between the door and pop the part left on the door to the inside

remove the white cover material partially and take the clip off of this harness from the inside of the door (follow the wire down and feel it where its mounted, and work by touch lol.. i cut my arm up doing this) then you can pull it out and drill the corner so later a wire can go through

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good

How did you wire the Leds for the mirror?
Thanks. I took the mirror off the car, and the glass off the mirror. Put the led in the hole that alreadly exists in the bottom of the mirror (fit perfect) and ran the wires through the spindle where the mirror motor wires are (so I could still turn in the mirror without pulling anything). Followed that straight into car along the other wires and connected it to the wires I ran in the door for the handle. When its not freezing cold I'm going to make that a two way switch so that when the ebrake is on and the car is on they stay on. Right now its only when I unlock the car or when the doors are open, but I deliver pizza and it looks nice at night when they stay on when I'm going to a house.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My LED's have been in the mail for almost 2 weeks now lol
hope you dont mind but im totally copying your idea lol

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Excellent

This mod is so good looking. Just like lighting in a home it just adds or detracts from a car. And this mod adds......Congrats, I wish I were so gifted. Electricity is not my forte'.:notworthy

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a neat mod, let's see some pic's and what kind of Leds did you use?
I sell LEDs in nj so I used some of the prewired ones I got. I was guna use some of the higher power crees I had left over from when I did my fogs, but I felt it uneccessary. There should be some more pics here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3362545/2004-honda-accord-ex-l-coupe-2d/page-5

My LED's have been in the mail for almost 2 weeks now lol
hope you dont mind but im totally copying your idea lol
Don't mind at all :) hope my pics help. I spend a good amount of time planning the wire layout out in my head so it looks like a factory option. The driver side door has that annoying plastic outline with connectors so you had to cut to get through nicely. Passenger side is just a hole so its reallly simple

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This mod is so good looking. Just like lighting in a home it just adds or detracts from a car. And this mod adds......Congrats, I wish I were so gifted. Electricity is not my forte'.:notworthy
Thanks :) as far as electicity its not hard. I think someone could definitely follow my pics and do it. Its always figuring out where to place the wires that gets annoying. Which is why I didn't add the ebrake option to this yet that I mentioned before. I have so many wires through my center console haha.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Too bad its a totally different animal to wire up LEDs in the door handles of the sedan due to the design of the handle.

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too bad its a totally different animal to wire up LEDs in the door handles of the sedan due to the design of the handle.
Yeahh.. I came across that with someone who wanted me to do it to their car. I explained that my idea was to take the handle off and recess the led with a dremel or something but they didn't like the idea. I also had 2 more ideas. an 'edge lit" proposal, and one using one of those el wires and recessing that a bit. I don't have much time and nobody likes to be the guinea pig but I think I'm going to try on the new civic we just got for my gf. She wants her handles to glow pink in the same scenarios mine does.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Yeahh.. I came across that with someone who wanted me to do it to their car. I explained that my idea was to take the handle off and recess the led with a dremel or something but they didn't like the idea. I also had 2 more ideas. an 'edge lit" proposal, and one using one of those el wires and recessing that a bit. I don't have much time and nobody likes to be the guinea pig but I think I'm going to try on the new civic we just got for my gf. She wants her handles to glow pink in the same scenarios mine does.
Sounds interesting. Good luck with that and keep us updated on that because I'm interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts