Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
@milmast
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 JL 8W7's in my trunk and i've really like the fact that I have bass for days. Its getting to be kinda much and I miss having a full trunk. Not only that, but when I drive the car hard, the box moves around in my car and even after bolting it in to the rear upper frame of the rear seat, it would still move.

My question is does anyone know of an aftermarket subwoofer that will fit in the OEM subwoofer's place, that will give more bass than stock. My subs are overkill and are INSANELY POWERFUL. This was my first time doing sound system work, and I went too big. I have my subwoofer settings basically on the lowest settings so I can hear my highs lol HELP PLEASE

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Isn't the rear shelf too flimsy to really hold anything more than OEM?

·
8th Gen Believer
3,965 Posts
It's very weak. My rear deck would rattle and buzz when I increased volume on the stock speakers. The dealer fixed it but I'd seriously consider having a good audio shop look at it.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
I, the same as others here, have installed the Infinity Basslink in the driver's back corner and it is definitely better than stock, but will never compete with what you have. All things being equal, I think it does pretty well, bass wise, while taking very little trunk space.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Look in the audio section, and search "subwoofer replaced", someone did a swap with a Alpine sub in the rear deck a couple years ago with a 500 watt amp. I'd link it but I'm typing on my iPhone at the moment, so not sure how to do it.

Personally, coming from a bunch of sub setups in previous rides, I like the EX-L stock subwoofer in the car, just for the fact that I keep all my trunk space. I had to insulate the crap out of the rear deck, but after that, it hits pretty decent with no rattle. Obviously it won't compare to aftermarket, but its enough for me, right now at least.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Look in the audio section, and search "subwoofer replaced", someone did a swap with a Alpine sub in the rear deck a couple years ago with a 500 watt amp. I'd link it but I'm typing on my iPhone at the moment, so not sure how to do it.

Personally, coming from a bunch of sub setups in previous rides, I like the EX-L stock subwoofer in the car, just for the fact that I keep all my trunk space. I had to insulate the crap out of the rear deck, but after that, it hits pretty decent with no rattle. Obviously it won't compare to aftermarket, but its enough for me, right now at least.
i agree. this is the first car i've ever owned (over 35 years of driving) where i left the stock system alone. i still keep the sub turned down a bit.

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
I am glad you have brought this topic up, I have also been wanting to ask a few questions about our stock system. I don't want to make my system ridiculously loud but I'd like to make it sound more crisp and clear! What would you guys suggest? Would adding an amp to the stock system do any good? or would that blow my stock speakers? I have premium audio if that makes any difference.

Would I need to upgrade my speakers on the doors?

thanks in advance for any info not trying to thread jack just figured it was a good place to carry on the conversation!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts