Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is a nice License Plate Frame? The one's that came with the car are really cheap and has the dealer's name written all over, any suggestions? :)

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Find out what your state laws are on plate frames. I would think most have laws that are specific in the books, but it's up to them if them really follow them. In AZ for example, they just started to enforcing the law 2 years ago (to generate some $$$$). And just about all plate frames were "illegal" including what the dealers used.

It is against the law in some states if part of the plate is blocked by the frame.

Ok.

Not ok.

Notice the top part is thicker. For AZ, it a partial block on the word "ARIZONA" on the plate. Cops love that for the easy $$$$$.

·
2003 I4 Noble Green EX
84 Posts
I HATE license plates without frames on my cars, it looks unfinished and cheap. When we bought the 03 as a used car, the front plate was bent up a bit and the rear plate was loose and rattly (only 2 securing bolts in the rear doesn't help).

I went to the local O'Reilly's auto parts and spent around 20 bucks for two plain frames and bolt kits, a thin chrome frame for the rear and a thin black metal frame for the front (the different finishes seem to compliment the front and rear better). I used the bolt kits with matching plastic buttons that snap over the fasteners. In the rear, I secured the lower edge of the plate to the frame with very short machine screws and nuts (short enough that the screws do not protrude from the nuts). I also added two pressure sensitive rubber "feet" (left over from an old Heathkit) to the trunk lid just behind the two lower fasteners. The lower edge of the plate rests against the feet - no more cheap rattles when the trunk lid is closed!

·
Grandpa
54 Posts
I bought two of the frames I linked to above. It fit my wife's 2011 Sedan just fine, but it was too big for my 2011 Coupe so I bought the following model instead:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NLGX0A

This one seems to be well made (chrome plated stainless steel) and fit my Coupe just fine, plus it cam with all of the hardware included. I like the look of a plain frame so this one was perfect for me.

Speaking of licence plates, one of the nice things about Delaware (and Pennsylvania) is that there is no requirement for a front tag here. They wont even give you one.

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
This is mine. It's a cheap plasticy one, but it was made by the local police "Crime Line" and one of the founders gave it to me.

I like it and it seems to blend in and look good IMO.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I got 2 of these:

HONDA "ACCORD" license plate frame

They are very similar to the 1st pic GoLowDrew posted above, minus the "H" logos.

They were shipped quickly and the price seemed fair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts