Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a "fix-it" ticket yesterday while parked in downtown. :furious:Those meter-maids have nothing better to do than write tickets but I guess they were doing their job.

The ticket says "$10 with correction" so I'm guessing once I get it signed off, I'll just have to pay $10. Not bad for 2.5 yrs of driving "naked."

I tried to mount my licence bracket last night and with the "odyssey" grill mod I have, the holes for the bracket are now covered. So, instead I used some thin wires and just attached the plate to the lower grill.

So, if anyone is thinking about doing the odyssey grill mod, be aware that you might not be able to mount back your license plate bracket.

As for me, I'll remove my plate once my ticket clears and take my chance again. If I have to pay $10 every 2-3 yrs, I don't mind. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
You're lucky...the cops in my town will pull you over for no front plate. I took it off for a bit, but put it back on cause I was so paranoid about getting a ticket.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
yep ive gotten 2 $54 tickets for that lol dont care dont feel like mounting a bracket for it

·
NJDR
862 Posts
my boy actually broke his mount on purpose and keeps it in the trunk to say it just broke off lollol

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
my boy actually broke his mount on purpose and keeps it in the trunk to say it just broke off lollol
NIIIICE i gotta buy one and do that lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
I ran into a similar problem after installing my t-rex lower billet grille. There was not enough space to re-install the license plate bracket. So as crazy as it may sound I took the dremel to my new $100 plus grille and cut away enough space to install the bracket. I prefer the look of no plate and would rather not have done this but it’s not worth the hassle it may cause down the road. Cops can use no plate as an excuse to pull you over at any time (at least in VA) and although it will usually only cost you a fix it ticket there is always a chance that you could be in a lot more trouble than just a 25-50 dollar fine.

Attachments

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
That pic with the plate on the lower grille actually looks good. Sometimes they are higher..COuld you post a full frontal shot?:thmsup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
That pic with the plate on the lower grille actually looks good. Sometimes they are higher..COuld you post a full frontal shot?:thmsup:
Here are 2 other angles, I wish I had a front view from further back but this is all I could find. Sorry they are a little dark, it was getting dark out when they were taken and the contrast is a little out of spec but it should give you a better idea...

You can get the plate to sit lower by "reversing" or literally flipping the stock mount upside down, it will require longer bolts than the factory ones but you can get them at any hardware store, I got the idea from someone on here a long time back.

Attachments

·
Your laughter weeps.
19 Posts
$ucks for you guys, in Michigan front plate is not required:thmsup:

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Thanks for the pics and the tip about the flip.....I think I am gonna try that...I like the lower look...:thmsup:

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the fix-it ticket signed off. Just like anything else, it was not easy to find a cop when you need them.

I was a little nervous about the cop saying something about my plate attached on my lower grill and in a not-so-permanent way but it was dark he didn't care much and signed the ticket no problem.

I originally used some picture fram hanging wires but now I'm thinking of using some clear fishing line so it's almost invisible. Will be tough to tie it though. I also got some white zip ties and see if it'll work better.

In the end, I think I'm going to keep the plate mounted. I have to park in downtown everyday and those meter maids are merciless. It does really change the look of the car though, in a negative way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts