Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Civic Crusher
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states having issues with my lighting, yes ive tried searching, i've only found partial answers.

1st. My map light on my passengers side got broke when i was putting in my led interior :thumbsdow so it rattles around when i have my sub playing. I'm pretty sure its part 34407-SDA-305 correct me if im wrong http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=4DR+EXL+%28SIDE+CURTAIN%29&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=INTERIOR+LIGHT

2. My driver side heated seat light is out, i know the bulb size and everything but can't find how to take apart the switch to get the the bulb.

Any help/input would be awesome!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Look up the blitz aux input install. I forgot what thread it is on. But it basically shows how to disassemble the center console, and get to the clips for the heated seat switches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pry up the piece that surrounds the gear shifter

Here is the link: http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm

Be careful prying up the gearshift trim. I broke the bottom right side clip :thumbsdow . Is it the back light of the switch, Hi or Lo bulb that is out? BTW My 'Hi' bulb is out. I need to replace it. If you find it for a good price let me know. I don't wanna pay $20 for that little bulb!

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
after you look at that link above here are some of the next steps.. i took these pics to help a guy on v6p with his (i'm copying and pasting from a post there):

The blue is for the center, which goes out most commonly. This is what you will see (i'm assuming you've been to this step):

Loosen (but dont take out unless you want to) the screws to the left and right of the blue in this picture

Loosen the blue

Pull it out and you have this:

·
Registered
39 Posts
What sizes are the bulbs for the heated switches? Also does anyone know the size for the bulb that goes to the gear shifter near the heated controls. My mom's car had those lights go out plus the dimming light on the drivers side so I'll be switching those out here soon. Thanks!

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
What sizes are the bulbs for the heated switches? Also does anyone know the size for the bulb that goes to the gear shifter near the heated controls. My mom's car had those lights go out plus the dimming light on the drivers side so I'll be switching those out here soon. Thanks!
if youre looking to get led replacements, they should be 3mm .. if you just want to make them light up again, go get it from honda. the heated seat lights are not something anyone would just happen to have..

as for the "dimming light," not sure what you mean.. if you're referring to the map lights (driver side/overhead)- it should be 3175 iirc, or 31mm in led.

·
Registered
39 Posts
if youre looking to get led replacements, they should be 3mm .. if you just want to make them light up again, go get it from honda. the heated seat lights are not something anyone would just happen to have..

as for the "dimming light," not sure what you mean.. if you're referring to the map lights (driver side/overhead)- it should be 3175 iirc, or 31mm in led.

Thanks for the help, I ordered the lights for the transmission and heated seats online and I'm having them delivered to our nearest Honda dealer.

The map light, which dims when you opens the doors, is still giving me problems. I went and bought 2 new bulbs to put in, put them in and the drivers side map light still doesn't dim when closing the door, however, the passenger side light does dim. I'm guessing maybe a fuse went out or possibly the switch? The map light turns on fine though when you press it in, just not when you open/close the door. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need to replace this as well as the lights on the P R N D D3 2 L on the shifter. I also need to replace the lights that come on the steering wheel buttons. Can somebody help with that? Thank you

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
Thanks for the help, I ordered the lights for the transmission and heated seats online and I'm having them delivered to our nearest Honda dealer.

The map light, which dims when you opens the doors, is still giving me problems. I went and bought 2 new bulbs to put in, put them in and the drivers side map light still doesn't dim when closing the door, however, the passenger side light does dim. I'm guessing maybe a fuse went out or possibly the switch? The map light turns on fine though when you press it in, just not when you open/close the door. Thanks for the help!
There's a fuse for the interior lights, but not for the dimming function. If you take that whole map light assembly out, you can check if part of it melted (which I believe was an issue for someone on here once). It's possible that it's that whole assembly that is messed up as well. Dimming works through the negative terminal on the unit

I need to replace this as well as the lights on the P R N D D3 2 L on the shifter. I also need to replace the lights that come on the steering wheel buttons. Can somebody help with that? Thank you
I dont have an automatic, so I'm not 100% on the shifter, but if you do a search I'm sure someone else has had that issue. I would assume its about the same procedure as the heated seat buttons, with the twist out bulbs. As far as the steering wheel lights go, I think (not sure) that they are LEDs. The 03 and 04 don't have steering wheel lights at all. 05 and up do (so if you have lower than 05 don't bother unless youre going to buy the newer ones and fit it in, which also has been done)

·
Registered
39 Posts
There's a fuse for the interior lights, but not for the dimming function. If you take that whole map light assembly out, you can check if part of it melted (which I believe was an issue for someone on here once). It's possible that it's that whole assembly that is messed up as well. Dimming works through the negative terminal on the unit

I dont have an automatic, so I'm not 100% on the shifter, but if you do a search I'm sure someone else has had that issue. I would assume its about the same procedure as the heated seat buttons, with the twist out bulbs. As far as the steering wheel lights go, I think (not sure) that they are LEDs. The 03 and 04 don't have steering wheel lights at all. 05 and up do (so if you have lower than 05 don't bother unless youre going to buy the newer ones and fit it in, which also has been done)

I got it working fortunately. The contacts where it meets the switch were pretty dirty so I just cleaned it up and voila, works again. Now all I need to do is get those heated seats/auto transmission lights in so I can replace those as wel. Thanks for your help!

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
no problem! glad to see it's working again :thmsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts

This forum is pretty hardcore in not giving rep option to those that help. The accord is a 03 EX V6 so the buttons on the steering don't light up? That's a relief but also bad. Cuz I do use cruise control whenever I can and sometimes I don't always know what I'm pushing.. Thanks man. I would rep you if I could.

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts

·
Civic Crusher
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also are the 1 2 3 4 5 6 cd changer buttons supposed to light up? mine dont and i never really noticed it until recently any input?

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
also are the 1 2 3 4 5 6 cd changer buttons supposed to light up? mine dont and i never really noticed it until recently any input?
yep... pretty much everything on the radio lights up.. there should also be light coming out of the two little translucent pieces of plastic recessed on where the cd goes in.

if all 1-6 etc are out id assume theres something in common between those. never actually took it apart, though i plan to soon (thinking about converting entire dash to led)

·
Civic Crusher
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep... pretty much everything on the radio lights up.. there should also be light coming out of the two little translucent pieces of plastic recessed on where the cd goes in.

if all 1-6 etc are out id assume theres something in common between those. never actually took it apart, though i plan to soon (thinking about converting entire dash to led)
well if you do anytime soon let me know? Otherwise its off to the stealership :thumbsdow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts