Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks........hope someone can help me out here.

Just got a 2003 Accord and I'm having problems with the front turn signal / parking light (they are both the same bulb, correct?).

I can get the bulb to flash when I turn on the blinker with the lights off, but when I turn on the headlights the bulb will only stay on continuously (no blinking). I'm using an 1157 bulb. I've tried various bulbs (even LED) and all do the same.

Can someone tell me what's going on?

TIA

Robert

Also.......I'm having hyperflash with both left and right turnsignals, no LED bulbs being used.

·
Texas Ground Pounder
1,352 Posts
Yes, the front bulbs for the turn/marker lights are 1157. First thing I would do is try to resolve the hyperflash issue. Have you checked the bulbs in the back? If one of them are out it can affect the fronts as well. If all of them are good, you may have a flasher going bad. If all lights and flasher is good, then you either have a bad ground to one of the lights or a bad combination switch (the switch on the steering wheel that activates the turn signal and the lights). Both will be tricky to troubleshoot and will require some electrical knowledge.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, tried a new flasher relay but didn't change anything, still got hyperflash. Double checked no bulbs are LED and all are in working order. I'm stumped. How do I try to track down a bad ground?

I pressed the hazard switch and the lights blinked normally, no hyperflash.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
hazards use a different flasher relay that doesnt have a hyper flash function. have you checked the sockets themselves, if theres a short between some of the leads you might get the same behavior

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
i believe they all unplug from the harness, id pull them and check with a volt meter to make sure each contact in the socket has a connection to only one pin on the back side

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to update this. Finally got the problem fixed. Apparently when the previous owner installed the new headlight fixtures they came with new sockets for the bulbs. The parking light and blinker connections were reversed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts