Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone attempted to put a red led or other color led light in the opening of the interior where the door handle is. I was just thinking about it on my way home..something similar to what the new chevy malibu or what other gm cars are doing. here is pic of what I'm talking about....

·
Registered
709 Posts
I don't think it would be that hard.

1. Take off the door panel
2. Drill a hole behind the door handle
3. Connect the wire to the door lights (at the bottom of the door).
4. Put everything back together.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but i would want them on when they parking lights are on or to a constant power source when the car is on such as the cig lighter becuz you won't see them in the day anyway so they could be on all the time even with the parking lights off otherwise you would have to wire them to the parking lights. If you wired them to the door light they would only come on when the door was opened.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ive seen others do it and it looks pretty cool. Id rather have the light be pretty dim like the one showed in the picture. The brighter the light, the tackier the look imo...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^ agreed...maybe something like what we already have in our overhead console but dimmer. Trying to find the same orange might be hard though.

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
One of the biggest pet peeves of my Aura. LEDs in the door handles, two LEDs in the overhead console, but no lighting around the ignition key hole.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i thought my friends BMW is pretty cool. it had orange lights across the doors. its not that noticeable its just like ambient lighting. it goes well with the car since the dash/stereo are orange lighted and the seats were like burgundy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mini cooper has the same feature, light at the door handle, seat belt area, the storage area on the door, etc... and you can change the light color anytime you want, i think they have at least 5 or 6 colors to choose from...

·
04 Accord V6 6spd
402 Posts
I played with the idea since I already have separate wires running through my doors just for leds from my leds on the side mirror and outer door handle.. i think theres a link to my outer ones in my sig... anyway.. if your going to do it, unless you decide to use something to modulate the power (dimmer-which works good using a potentiometer btw..as i demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNs8SrcjSkA ).. you should cut a hole in the door and backlight it.. like.. instead of making a hole and putting an led in it.. let the led light up from inside the door or at an angle and make a hole for it to shine through. I seen a couple cars do this notably the new Ford Edges and it makes it very subtle, but nice.

edit: nope.. wasn't in sig.. but here it is! http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51765

1 - 13 of 13 Posts