Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Lights on for MIL, VSA, EPS, & TPMS

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  krisdev25 
#1 ·
This month (November 2021) I have gotten four lights to come while attempting to start the car:
  • Malfunction Indicator Lamp
  • Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) System Indicator
  • Electric Power Steering (EPS) System Indicator
  • Low Tire Pressure/TPMS Indicator

They don't stay on for too long maybe like a day and everything goes back to working again. It has happened 2 times in the last month. Here is the picture of the dash:
Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer Car

Has anyone come across this? Or know of a common issue with this?

See less See more
#2 ·
This month (November 2021) I have gotten four lights to come while attempting to start the car:
  • Malfunction Indicator Lamp
  • Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) System Indicator
  • Electric Power Steering (EPS) System Indicator
  • Low Tire Pressure/TPMS Indicator

They don't stay on for too long maybe like a day and everything goes back to working again. It has happened 2 times in the last month. Here is the picture of the dash:
View attachment 535964

Has anyone come across this? Or know of a common issue with this?
How old is your battery?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WiiMaster
#3 ·
How old is your battery?

I got a new battery 2 months ago. It is a new Honda battery from the dealership.

How old is your battery?

Motor vehicle Sleeve Font Red Automotive exterior

@stiller fan above is the picture of the battery.

The lights showed up when there was a temperature change. Maybe it is a grounding wire corrosion. Is there a place where all these items are grounded in the same place that could cause this?

#4 ·
You can scan the car and see if there are any ABS codes or engine codes . That is the only way you are going to know what is happening.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
A few weeks go by and I don't have anything on my dash in terms of lights on or errors being reported.

However, when I do scan the vehicle using ThinkCar tool I cannot clear this FCW/LDW error. It always displays and shows (attached is the image):
FCW/LDW (There are 1 issues for Safety and Security system)
U0416-68 VSA Brake Actuator Malfunction

I know I can clear the DTC with this tool because I have done it before and I've also cleared other DTC while this one was on and it just doesn't go away.

Would a scan tool like ones below give me more information on what is exactly wrong with "VSA Brake Actuator Malfunction":
LAUNCH X431 Diagun V Bidirectional Scan Tool All System Diagnostic Tool
-or-
Autel MX808

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.