Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!

I just bought a 2006 coupe its a 4 cyl. I was wondering what lip kits are out there. The HFP kit only has front and rear. And it looks like they only make a rear with the two cut outs, not just a one since I only hae 4 cyl :(

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
yep you're correct, thats all thats available. and ****s for the 4 cylinder owners cuz it has 2 exhaust cutouts, but that just gives u a reason to convert to dual exhaust :)

there are aftermarket body kits and lip kits available but those are ugly IMO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEP! I completely agree about skrewing us lol. But i dont think many other kits look good. I like the factory one because it still looks stock but makes the car look soo much better. Any suggestions or just SOL?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where could I get the best price on an OEM lip kit?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
any of the honda dealer websites. hondapartsdeals.com is usually pretty low. keep in mind all of the honda dealer websites are pretty similar in price and only vary by dollars. what you should not do is walk into the dealer and ask for a quote there because the price will be RIDICULOUS, unless you have an employee discount :naughty:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They actually dont have an aero kit for the 06 body style on hondapartsdeals... do they not make it for this body style?

·
Registered
388 Posts
The double cutout doesn't look that bad on a 4cyl but having double exhaust sure does look good.

IMO, HFP lip kit on the 7.5 is great when lowered unlike mine.

Try searching for a 07 HFP lip since its the same and the dealer will probably say this "It's $355 + 10% discount" You gotta ask for the discount though but still, that price is high...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! And why 07 not ask for 06?

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Looks like only the 2003-2005 model coupes got the 4-piece Aero Kit. Bummer for the 2006-2007 models. They only did a front and rear lip kit. You can also browse Collegehillshonda.com as well. Remember, the kits are listed under Accessories, not Parts.

·
2007 4DR EX-L V6 5AT
2,977 Posts
Looks like only the 2003-2005 model coupes got the 4-piece Aero Kit. Bummer for the 2006-2007 models. They only did a front and rear lip kit. You can also browse Collegehillshonda.com as well. Remember, the kits are listed under Accessories, not Parts.
Sedans have it worse, we got NOTHING for lips. Gotta use the 03-05 front lip and mod it (which I just bought one!!!!)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I thought you can use the sideskirts from the 7gen to the 7.5gen? Maybe that's why 7.5 didn't get sideskirts?

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
I thought you can use the sideskirts from the 7gen to the 7.5gen? Maybe that's why 7.5 didn't get sideskirts?
Who knows. If they fit, you would think the Aero kit would still be available for the 06-07, but its not. Unknown if the side skirts from the 03-05 kit would fit an 06-07.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Maybe that's why 7.5 didn't get sideskirts?
I think the 7.5 didn't get accessory sideskirts because the stock ones were designed to go with the accessory front and rear lip. I only have the front lip on my car but when I look at the lines on the lip and stock sideskirts they match and line up perfectly. I consider it a benefit that I didn't have to pay extra for new sideskirts to look right. I've never understood why people want to put 7 gen skirts on a 7.5, but appearance is subjective and if you prefer the 7 gen skirts more power to you.

·
Registered
388 Posts
^ true that and probably easier to clay without the sideskirts lol. Well, I only ask cause I saw the sideskirts for sale in craiglist a while back for $90 but the guy never responded back. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
So i read through this forum and this is relatively old, and so its unclear to me where i can find a hfp lip kit for a 2006 v6 coupe. I read through this, and there was debate whether or not people got the right part or not. I know its discontinued but for a final clarification, does anyone know where I can buy one? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They're rare to find these days. I managed to get a set off colored from the classifieds on here and v6p. Had to bring it to a shop to paint match. I believe dealers can still get the 06-07 rear lip in blue though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts