Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DA,

I am 99% sure I found a thread here on DA in the past, that had suggested car maintenance based on estimated number of miles driven since the last maintenance. I tried searching the forums but no luck :(

I'm looking for a generic rule of thumb to follow for all major car maintenances.

ie.
Oil - every xxx miles
Cabin filter - every xxx miles
Tires - every xxx miles
Brake pads - every xxx miles
etc.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Hello DA,

I am 99% sure I found a thread here on DA in the past, that had suggested car maintenance based on estimated number of miles driven since the last maintenance. I tried searching the forums but no luck :(

I'm looking for a generic rule of thumb to follow for all major car maintenances.

ie.
Oil - every xxx miles
Tires - every xxx miles
Brake pads - every xxx miles
etc.
Can't go wrong doing the oil every 5k and trans fluid drain and fill every 10k. The cabin air filter looks pretty nasty after 10k as well. Tires and brakes should be replaced when they're worn out.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,906 Posts
tekn1qu3z-----------

Correct your signature, no such thing as a 2.4l V4 Honda engine. It is an inline four (I4).

Your car tells you when to change oil. When oil life gets to 15% then change it. All the other items can be done by sight. Check engine & cabin air filters annually. Dirty? Change it.

Tires worn? Buy new ones. Brakes will require wheel removal and measuring what is remaining on the pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts