Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LLumar CTX "Ceramatrix Technology" $239

In a day and age where we rely greatly on our electronics, it's critical to know that your window film will block not only heat, glare and harmful rays - not to mention your valuable technology, such as personal GPS, cell phone, satellite radio and keyless entry.

The CTX series is a non-conductive signal-enabling film that will not interfere with your electronic devices. These high-quality, cutting edge features make it our most popular film.

LLumar ATR High Performance $179

Has a metalized film. The ATR series is one of the most stylish high performance films on the market today.

With many shades to choose from, you can customize your vehicle's appearance and get the maximum heat rejection with multi-layer construction.

ATR has great color stability versus other dyed films and comes with a lifetime manufacturer's warrant

LLumar ATC $129

The ATC series is what we call an 'entry-level' film.

It is a film that delivers exceptional value, various shades and color stability. The charcoal color gives your vehicle that factory appearance and classic, stylish look. One of the best premium dyed films on the market, it will give you comfort knowing that LLumar films will never peel, crack, bubble or turn purple.

These are the choices the top one being around $239 . Thought about the ATR? Any tint guys can chime in with their knowledge?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the llumar ceramic on my car. For me it was worth the slightly higher price knowing it wont effect electronics. I used to have an acura TL and got the non ceramic tint on that one and since the antenna was enbedded in the rear glass i lost my AM reception, had it switched to a ceramic film and AM worked again. Since then i always use ceramic films. And yes i still listen to AM radio:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had the CTX film on mine for over a year and love it. Looks great!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Get the CTX Ceramic Tint. I have the Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint on my vehicle. I paid a little extra to ensure all the new electronics in the car as well devices I use in the car worked without any problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the quote $239 for ctx $179 for atr and $129 for atc. How are the price? Is this close to what you guys paid for?

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
That's a pretty good price for the ceramic. I have the CTX on two of my cars, very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Make sure you find a good installer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I am going with 3M Crystalline 40. After doing some research it is supposed to be the best film available. Blocks 60% heat, 99.9% UV and still provides 40% of the light through so it is not too dark at night.

It's pricey though, best quote so far is $399.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Seriously, if you're having doubts or second thoughts at least check out the Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint. It's in the same price range but IMO it's a better tint solution. Good luck with whatever you decide on for your vehicle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have the ceramic lumar formula 1 Pinnacle series. so far so good except that there are glares on the rear where the tint and defroster meet. i was going to have it redone but the other tinting shop, which was the one that honda uses for the tinting service said that nothing can be done with the glare. paid roughly $240 for a coupe on all windows except the windshield.

·
Registered
63 Posts
regardless what brand you go with, try to make sure that they minimize the glare or maybe even glare less. i have read somewhere here that but cant remember the thread that they did not experience any issues with glaring.

·
Registered
113 Posts
my vote is for ceramic, but i would go with either huper optik or pinnacle

·
Registered
462 Posts
Have you guys ever used the entry level llumar tint? The ATC. I got a quote for $225 for a sedan. Lifetime warranty. Is it a good deal. Is it good tint?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you guys ever used the entry level llumar tint? The ATC. I got a quote for $225 for a sedan. Lifetime warranty. Is it a good deal. Is it good tint?
I had Lumar ATC on my Audi.. even though its the "entry level" dyed tint, I was more than happy with it.. Tint is more about the installation than the actual product these days. You only need to go ceramic if you want the heat rejection and possibly radio/keyless entry issues on certain makes.

Plus, if you have lifetime warranty, they will re-tint it if it ever fades or bubbles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts