Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been experiencing a problem with my 2003. The key no long physically works, nor does the remote. This has made me unable to disarm the alarm. I was able to get into my car but the alarm goes off and I have no way of stopping it. I have been trying to find the module and this link >>

http://www.optionracing.com/images/ebay/AlarmInstallManual/HONDA.pdf (.pdf also attached)

says its in the driver door so I took off the panel to look for it and I was unable to find it....figuring it is somewhere below the steering column but I have had no luck being able to identify it.
Was hoping someone could help me so I could find and disconnect/reconnect the module box to bypass the alarm and drive my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
When that PDF references the fac alarm disarm (in the door), thats just the most convenient (possibly only analog) place to tap the disarm wire to add an aftermarket alarm.

the alarm module, if equipped, is located beneath the steering column (see att pic)

Does your key not physically fit into the dr door handle slot? just about every car, to disarm the fac alarm you would put the key in the outside of the door and unlock.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
also, does the key icon blink on your cluster when you try to crank the car (and then won't turn over)? if so, that would be the immobilizer system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts