Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on upgrading the audio system in my accord & I am wondering where is the Factory amp located, so I can tap into the signal wires?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I' ve replaced a number of factory radios with aftermarket units, including on my '98 Accord and '04 Odyssey. I've never noticed an amp anywhere. I thought it was integrated into the OEM HU. Was I wrong and do the wires just go to a remote amp?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I' ve replaced a number of factory radios with aftermarket units, including on my '98 Accord and '04 Odyssey. I've never noticed an amp anywhere. I thought it was integrated into the OEM HU. Was I wrong and do the wires just go to a remote amp?
Yes, there is a small external amp on Honda's system. There's definitely another thread here on DA about it, with a diagram showing location.

·
Lurking...
59 Posts

Number 183 on the diagram

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok since your the only one who reied at all can I ask u something ???

One day my battery died so I had to jump my car, then when I put the code in the radio it still didn't work.... There is BO SOUND everything works radio ... Eat but NO SOUND AT ALL.... What is the problem? The AMP? If so where is this located? What would be a good quality replacement? And how do I install? Do I need an upgraded sub to g with the new amp?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ok since your the only one who reied at all can I ask u something ???

One day my battery died so I had to jump my car, then when I put the code in the radio it still didn't work.... There is BO SOUND everything works radio ... Eat but NO SOUND AT ALL.... What is the problem? The AMP? If so where is this located? What would be a good quality replacement? And how do I install? Do I need an upgraded sub to g with the new amp?
Dude, you need to proofread before you post, lol

Have you checked the fuse at the amp to make sure it's powered?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Perhaps you should just take the car to the dealership and let them deal with it, assuming your car is still under warranty? (36K miles/3 years)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts