Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I purchased new (after market) remotes for my 2002 Honda Accord EX. In order to get the new remotes to work the instructions had me press a certain combination of buttons on the CD player - there were actually a few different combinations I had to try in order to find the correct one.

Recently I tried to put a CD into the player and could not. When I press the LOAD button nothing happens. If I try to insert a CD into the slot I can not get it to go in. The CD player had worked previously - I used it perhaps a month or two before getting the new remotes.

I am wondering if some of the button combinations I tried when I got the new remotes may have disabled the CD loader. Is there a combination of buttons that, when pressed, will lock the CD loader such that it will not accept CD? If so, is there a combination of buttons that I can press to unlock the CD loader?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Al

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Is the stereo a Honda model that came with the car or an aftermarket stereo?
If its a Honda model you might try resetting it by disconnecting the power and re-entering the radio code.

I have not heard of using the stereo to program keyless remotes at least on a stock Honda system. They use a series of remote button presses and ignition key cycles for programming new ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts