Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on i have a 2005 Accord with the V6 and my wife went to take off today and the steering wheel is locked and the brake pedal is stiff along with not being able to turn the key anyone got some good input or similar problem?

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
590 Posts
As you're turning the key, start turning the steering wheel, it'll free right up. It's a safety measure.

·
Reverse Gear
1,000 Posts
whats going on i have a 2005 Accord with the V6 and my wife went to take off today and the steering wheel is locked and the brake pedal is stiff along with not being able to turn the key anyone got some good input or similar problem?
Sometimes if the steering wheel is turned while the car is off, it will get into a position where the lock + the position of the wheels, don't allow the ignition to unlock the steering lock. Ask your wife to aggressively try to turn the steering wheel one way while attempting to turn the key in the ignition. If that doesn't work, try moving the wheel aggressively in the other direction while attempting to turn the key in the ignition.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Make sure the shifter is in park, if it's an automatic. A small rock/coin/bead can get caught in between the top and stop it from fully going into P position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts