Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just became aware of this forum today and decided to join. In the past, I've owned a 1988 Honda Accord LX-i coupe and a 1991 Honda Accord LX sedan. I've also had experience with cars driven by my sons when they were in high school and college; those cars were a 1984 Honda CR-X and a 1990 Honda Civic. About a year ago, I bought a 2013 Honda Accord LX sedan from a local used car dealer. Overall, my experience with Hondas and their reliability has been great.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome! Got my first new Accord in '88, as well. Also, an LX-i, but it was a sedan. I remembered being amazed by how crisp and smooth the hidden headlights were when they went on or off. Perfectly engineered. I was used to years and years of Corvette and Firebird hidden headlights that were just a mess to own and maintain.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
6,213 Posts
Welcome to DriveAccord :)

·
2018 LX
171 Posts
Welcome! Got my first new Accord in '88, as well. Also, an LX-i, but it was a sedan. I remembered being amazed by how crisp and smooth the hidden headlights were when they went on or off. Perfectly engineered. I was used to years and years of Corvette and Firebird hidden headlights that were just a mess to own and maintain.
A new 87 LX-i Hatchback was my first Honda Accord. I was looking for a used car but just couldn't help but like that LX-i. The salesman brought me the keys and as I pulled away from the lot and shifted to second gear, I had never felt such smoothness in a car that "perfect engineering" I had to have it. That was in December of 86 and have only owned Accords since then and putting over 200,000 miles on each. My 10 Gen is my 3rd Honda, the 87, and a 97 LX put 340,000 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my 3rd accord since 1981 when I purchased a 1 year old Accord Hatchback that kept for 15 years, Second Accord (1990) kept until 2008 and now on my third Accord (2005) 7th Generation. I tend to keep them until they are obviously too expensive to keep on the road. All of them have had over 210K Miles or 350K KM. (Canada here)

I hope Honda gets their act together for the next model redesign expect in 2023 otherwise I'm moving to the Camry with its beautiful latest design (last year). I'm not impressed with the 10th generation at all, 9th generation design was nice but they lost me on the 10th generation.

·
2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6/6MT sedan
3 Posts
My current '07 6-6 is also my 3rd Accord in a line of Honda vehicles. It all started (for me) when I bought my first Honda in 1995. It was a used 1992 Accord LX sedan (auto tranny), and the love affair started immediately. I was simply blown away by the refinement and so on. Of course I had heard of it, but to experience that level of quality had me hooked quickly.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,292 Posts
Welcome to DA. On my third Accord.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Usually I'd make some snarky comments about zombie hunters bringing this thread back from the dead, but it's too good not to respond. First of all, welcome!

As for my Hondas?
  • 84 Accord hatchback (hand-me-down from mom)
  • 99 Civic (first new car) which I stupidly traded in for a...
  • 98 Integra (which I loved, but it nearly bankrupted me with insurance costs as a young driver) so I traded that for my step-sister's...
  • 94 Accord DX (and my step-sister ruined my old Integra by getting it stuck in the snow and trying to rock an automatic out of the snow bank, and then later, running the coolant low - it's amazing we still speak), which I then sold to my uncle and I bought my...
  • 98 Accord coupe (great car, although unsurprisingly for this model, took a new transmission at 110k)... which was lost in an accident, leading to my...
  • 2003 Accord coupe (loved it, but the least reliable Honda I ever owned), ending up with my current...
  • 2012 EX-L V6 coupe, the best car I've ever owned.

(There's a Subaru mixed in there as well, but I hated that car, so we're not even going to discuss it).

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 1500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
167 Posts
Welcome! I drive a '20 Sport 2.0T (after 13 years with an '07 EX-L I4/navi) and my wife has an '09 Fit Sport, all of them manuals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts