Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Found the car I've been looking for to replace my 05 Civic EX sedan...

Car has 103K, $1,000 in new Yokohama tires, one owner, lady driven, no accidents. She already bought a Honda Pilot to replace it. Asking $9,000 "firm".

I'm meeting her tomorrow to drive. Anything to be aware of?

Thanks!
Mark

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Get her name and google her to see if she has a linkedin profile. 20k miles / year or more is unusually high. Especially MT + woman.

9k doesn't sound unreasonable, but I like to make sure the story adds up. I've contemplated hiring a 80 year old woman to sell my car for me :)

EDIT: Spark plugs, serp belt will need replacement at that mileage. Hopefully the tranny fluid has been changed at least 3 times in its life. The first 2 jobs are about $100 total, the last one is probably about $100 by itself depending on the place that does it. There's no common "issues" with 2011 or 2012 Accords to watch out for.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks drowned12,

She's actually meeting me 1/2 way between her residence and mine. Apparently, she works w/i a 75 mile radius of her home in Lexington, KY so she drives a lot...

Glad to hear of no known issues. "Claims" that all maintenance has been done but I'll verify or do again, just to make sure.

One ?, change the tranny fluid every 33K? In a MT??

Test drive today, I'll keep ya informed...

Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn’t pull the trigger yesterday…

Car rode well, except for the brake pulsation which was pretty bad. Owner did tell me of this beforehand. From what I could tell, no maintenance done other than oil, air and cabin filters. Under the hood was a dirty filthy mess… Shifted like a dream, much smoother than my Civic.

Oil was between the marks on the dipstick and was only changed 2,000 miles ago. Stated that the quick change oil place stripped the oil pan drain plug a few years back and she had Honda replace the oil pan for $300. That $$ seemed a little low to me. The oil change sticker on her windshield revealed that she was still going to a “quick change” place, hopefully a different one…

One good door ding but otherwise all in all the body was pretty clean. Illegal window tint (she’s received 2 tickets for it). Yoko tires looked like they would need to be replaced in a year or so.

High mileage since she works as a courier.

This was the first 8th gen that I’ve driven. Kind of surprised at how “big” the car was, predominantly length wise. Loved the extra width over my Civic. The length, not-so-much…. Car seemed to have a softer suspension than the past Honda’s that I’ve driven. I’ve owned Hondas (Accords and Civics) since 1993.

What are your thoughts on a 2011 w/ 105K miles and minimal maintenance?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Pass. I'd rather spend a few extra grand, get a lower mileage car that has been better maintained and NOT used as a courier vehicle. Would probably pay off in the long run.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
704 Posts
I have ti agree with 8thgensedan. As previously noted and at a minimum the timing belt, maybe the water pump too, is due. Lots of miles for a 2011.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts