Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my 9 gen accord (2.4CVT) is totaled, I'm looking for a new car now and 2020 Accord becomes the first option.

Below are my thought after a short drive, I'd love to hear people's idea since I was only with the friend's car (10 gen, LX CVT) for 20 mins.
  1. While the 10 gen cabin seems to be quieter when the car is not moving, the 1.5T engine is not as smooth as the 2.4 and louder than the 2.4 under load. 1.5T is more powerful than the 2.4, despite it has delay in response(turbo lag?). Yes, Econ mode was on, but I drove my 9 gen with econ mode on too.
  2. Brake for 10 gen is not as linear as 9 gen
  3. Steeling wheel seems not as accurate as 9 gen.
Anything else I should be looking at before buying the 2020? Sport or LX? thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 18 1.5t ex accord the dilution issue is still present even after 27k miles and all “updates”. I would be cautious with the 1.5t

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
Anything else I should be looking at before buying the 2020?
Mazda 6?

https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/accord-vs-mazda6.408730/#post-5204426

few months before i got my 15 accord LX, I was at a mazda dealer and if they had been willing to negotiate a bit more, I would have got a 15 mazda6 sport instead. So i hope I could give you a more balanced opinion.

Mazda6
- Driver's car. Better handling, 6AT performs much better than CVT. Corners better. Mazda6 feels underpowered, but if you check 0-60 it's actually a tiny bit faster than Accord

- Engine sounds better, yes it's a bit louder, but i think in a good way.

- Noise - I don't think feel Mazda6 is nosier than accord, or at least not a huge difference.

- Look much better. Mazda6 in soul red vs Accord in blue...well..Stock 17-inch tire looks better than 16s on LX.

- Interior is nicer and looks more expensive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I haven't driven a "updated" 6 yet. I really liked 6 back in 2015, but what annoys me is 6 was basically designed in 2012/2013 and no major change after except a few "updates".

I have an 18 1.5t ex accord the dilution issue is still present even after 27k miles and all “updates”. I would be cautious with the 1.5t
This is something concerning me. Thanks for the info.. I did some googling and found this one, wondering if you have tried this (yes, this is for CRV.)

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I haven't driven a "updated" 6 yet. I really liked 6 back in 2015, but what annoys me is 6 was basically designed in 2012/2013 and no major change after except a few "updates".
Mazda 6 is on a 7 to 8 year life, so there should be a new 6 for 2021 model year using new platform, engine, transmission, etc. But you probably won't be able to wait that long, and since price was a concern for you back then chances are you'll balk at the price for the new 6 since Mazda's trying to go up-market

·
Registered
17 Posts
After 30,000 kms,1.5 years, I’m still loving the 2.0 Touring. It has all, starting with the 2.0 and 10AT, and ALL the creature comforts. I’d buy another today. i had a Camry rented for 10 days in Florida, wished for my Accord every day.

·
1,926 Posts
I was in the same boat in November with a totaled 2015 EX-L V6. I went with a 2019 EX-L 1.5T. I didn't expect the refinement of the V6, but it's as smooth about 90% of the time. Plenty of power. Car is quieter and even more of a near-luxury ride. We loved the 2015 and we were gonna keep it forever, but it was not to be. The 2019 is a better car all around IMO. I've averaging about 32.5 mpg overall with winter tires, maybe 1 or 2 mpg more on the highway. The V6 actually did as well or perhaps a little better on trips. I may be proven wrong, but I felt the '19 had a much better shot at overall reliability than the first model year 2018s.

My daughter has the 2.4 in her 2017 EX-L and it is a very smooth engine.

If you're sold on the 9th gen, there are still a lot of nice ones in CPO. We opted for Gen 10 because of all the safety and tech upgrades. When you walk away from a 55 mph T-bone with only a sore chest, safety often becomes even more important on your weighting scale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
WARNING - STREET RACING IS DANGEROUS AND STUPID
I have a 2020 Accord Sport 2.0, 10AT. I absolutely enjoy driving this car. If possible; spend the extra for the 2.0T. You will not regret it. Acceleration and handling is so smooth; you'll pass someone on the highway, the next thing you know your going (REMOVED BY MODERATOR DUE TO BAN AGAINST VIDEOS AND DESCRIPTIONS OF STREET RACING)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If you love the 9G Accord, check out the 2020 TLX. $9,000-12,000 off MSRP depending on trim and whether you are financing or leasing.

Base TLXs with a $34,000 MSRP are going for $24,000 all day long. Lease a Tech or Aspec and you are looking at $12,000 off MSRP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Take a 2.0T Accord for a spin. I just purchased a new Sport 2.0T and sold my 16 Accord Sport to my son. As much as I wanted a manual trans, I went for the 10 speed auto. I did look at the Acura TLX and decided the Accord Sport 2.0T was a better value.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts