Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I most certainly am not.
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, is there any place, or someone with a hondata who would reflash my 2019 1.5T Accord sport? It's my daily driver and I'm not going to mod it, but man I can't stand the turbo lag and want more from the car.
So is there places that do the stage 1 flash, or can I pay someone to come do it on my car?
I searched the forums and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
746 Posts
You have to buy flash device (Flash Pro or Ktuner) because you need the end user license. Why would you pay someone else additional money to flash the device into your car that you already purchased? I just installed the Ktuner yesterday and it takes all of 10 minutes to flash the tune into the car. Just download the software, connect the device to your laptop and car, then follow the onscreen directions. I’m not sure about Hondata but Ktuner was super simple, just watch a few videos on YouTube to get a custom to the procedure. You can even follow along one of those videos as your flashing the tune in your car. Here is a video showing how easy the Ktuner is to use yourself.

·
I most certainly am not.
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to buy the ktuner, or hondata modules, I just want the tune installed in my car. This is our family grocery getter, so I won't be modding it. I just want to get rid of the turbo lag and have a bit more hp to make it fun around town. 🙂

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,154 Posts
https://www.hondata.com/dealer-reflash

Perhaps the only upgrade you plan do to your car is an intake or cat-back. Maybe you're not technically minded and would prefer to put your car's tuning in the hands of one of Hondata's expert tuners. Now you can benefit from Hondata's state of the art custom tuning software with no downtime, for a new low price of $350.

Just drive your Honda or Acura to any one of the participating dealers. Within a few minutes they can install one of the many tuned base maps. If you want to go a little further the Hondata dealer can perform a custom tune.

Supported vehicles

Any vehicle supported by FlashPro except for the 2017+ Civic Type R, as this requires additional ECU modifications.

How it works

1) Drive to any participating Hondata dealer.

2) The dealer connects their dealer FlashPro to your car and registers the license with Hondata.

3) The Hondata dealer then installs a basemap or performs a custom tune on their dyno.

FAQ

Who are the participating dealers?

( listed alphabetically by state/country )

. . . .

·
Registered
746 Posts
That’s where you not understanding, you have to buy the license which comes free with the tuner. Either you pay someone $500 to flash your car or you buy the Ktuner for $449 and you flash it yourself. Either way your buying the tuner money wise but the shop is not going to give you a tuner, they are just going to load the tune for you. There is no difference either way except if you do it you keep the tuner and can flash it back to stock anytime you want. The other way you would have to go back to the shop and pay them to flash it back to stock if you need to go to the dealer for service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't want to buy the ktuner, or hondata modules, I just want the tune installed in my car. This is our family grocery getter, so I won't be modding it. I just want to get rid of the turbo lag and have a bit more hp to make it fun around town. 🙂
You are by definition modding it, sir. If you sold a tuned car but returned it to stock and the buyer asked if you you modded it, the answer would be yes.
Anyways, yeah just do it yourself! Easy-peasy. You can do this (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts