Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2003 I4 Noble Green EX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7gen EX I4 sedan without nav, and I have replaced the rear 6x9s with Infinity Reference 9632cf 2-ways. This really woke up the treble (almost too much) and cleaned up the bass at higher volume levels. Now I am ready to replace the front speakers, and I am looking for a good set of separates that will give me better midrange response and shift the soundstage forward again. Right now the Infinitys are a lot more efficient than the stock fronts, so I will need something that more or less matches. I also want to keep the stock headunit, but if I need to put in some amplification or EQ, so be it.

Just to clarify, my wife and I are aging Baby Boomers that don't need any thumping bass, we are just looking for musical clarity and good balance between bass, midrange, and treble.

Nobody seems to talk much about midrange, but it seems there must be a good 3-way component system that could work in the Accord.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
how much are you looking to spend on speakers?

by 3-way component do you mean you want to install 3 speakers? Woofer, mid, and tweeters? Or do you want a component that will fit into your car with no modifications? because to install a 3 way system you are going to have to find some place to install the 3rd speaker...

But if you want midrange I would check these woofers out
http://www.woofersetc.com/p6217/Ti5..."-Titanium-Elite-Midrange-speakers-(Pair).htm

they are made by morel and are part of the Ti5 package that pg once had... they don't make them anymore
I have heard the Ti6 version in my friends dakota and by far these are the nicest sounding speakers in the price range I have ever heard

·
Registered
105 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-6030cs-6-5-Inch-Component/dp/B002BS5YAA

get these and be done with it.. no need to buy an amp also because these are 2ohm speakers, which means they'll run off your stock deck perfectly fine, the reference series is designed to run using a stock deck.. and no need to cut out a 3rd hole to mount a 3-way component set which more than likely will require it to be amped as well

these speakers will sound amazing for the price and even more amazing if you decide to amp your speakers later on.. i had these in my g35coupe, i had them amped at 100w rms and it took it like a champ and it sounded really really nice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts