Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently ordered a White Orchid Pearl Accord EX-L V6 with a six-speed, no Nav, black/ivory interior. Once it arrives, I will myself add the HFP suspension, 19-inch wheels and body kit along with a few other accessories I would like. Amazing how much you can save doing it yourself and getting the local dealer to price match Majestic Honda's parts prices. I also swung a free 4-wheel alignment into the deal (for after I install the suspension) along with free HFP badges and they are going to give me the full 3 year/36k warranty on the parts even though I'm installing them myself.

I'm sure the HFP suspension will move the car a good deal toward improving the handling and body roll as will the Summer-only tires I plan to put on the 19s, but I'd also like larger sway bars. It doesn't look like the aftermarket has anything to offer in this area. Are there by chance any Acura sway bars of larger size that are a bolt-on crossover to the Accord Coupe as is the case for older Gen Accords?

BTW, I'm upgrading from a 93 Prelude Si. Time for the Prelude to move on, been a pretty good car all around.

Oh, also, can anyone recommend a good summer only tire for the 19s that will provide at least a little bit of treadwear? I have mostly RWD cars and know of good tires, but often what is a great tire for a RWD application isn't always a great tire for FWD. The Prelude always got middle of the road all seasons so it wasn't much of a test bed for future performance planning.

·
RacerRik
172 Posts
I recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Fantastic tires! Great grip in dry and wet conditions. Better tread life than pretty much any other high performance summer only tire. And the price is not terrible either.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Fantastic tires! Great grip in dry and wet conditions. Better tread life than pretty much any other high performance summer only tire. And the price is not terrible either.
Those were on my "look at them" list. Good to have a recommendation.

I found some sway bar threads. The rear sway bar seems to have a lot of options and found some part numbers, but I couldn't find any recommendations or part numbers for Acura crossover sway bars for the front on a V6.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front bar upgrades are the bars from the TLX.
I saw a few vague mentions as such but didn't find any details. Which TLX front bars (part numbers?) are a good match for the V6? I was planning to go with the Progress 22mm adjustable rear. I have adjustable front and rear bars on my GTO and use the adjustability more than I thought I would.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I saw a few vague mentions as such but didn't find any details. Which TLX front bars (part numbers?) are a good match for the V6? I was planning to go with the Progress 22mm adjustable rear. I have adjustable front and rear bars on my GTO and use the adjustability more than I thought I would.
Progress 22 is an excellent choice. I tried a 20 and quickly moved on. Despite mfg suggestion to start with the soft setting I'd go with stiff and regress if, unlikely, needed/wanted.

I may be misremembering but, a TTSB thread participant since the beginning, I don't recall any viable option for a front bar upgrade for the V6.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome. I've been spotting coupes all over the place since I made the decision to buy. Really looking forward to my first new car in 30 years. Kind of surprised the aftermarket hasn't made front bars for these cars yet.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Progress 22 is an excellent choice. I tried a 20 and quickly moved on. Despite mfg suggestion to start with the soft setting I'd go with stiff and regress if, unlikely, needed/wanted.

I may be misremembering but, a TTSB thread participant since the beginning, I don't recall any viable option for a front bar upgrade for the V6.

And welcome to the forum!
TLX bars are 24.5 and 26 mm if I recall.

No, I don't know the part numbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts