Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Looking for Replacement Tire Suggestions for 2016 Accord Sport (235/40 R19)

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Steve16Accord 
#1 ·
Trying to be proactive for a change... I've been perfectly happy with my OEM Continental ContiPro Contact tires but at 37K miles they are just about done. I want to replace them in the next few months.

Looking for something similar in an all-weather high performance / ultra high performance tire. Price isn't a huge factor, but if I can save a few bucks that's great.

Anyone find a replacement tire that they really like - or really didn't like?

Thanks for any suggestions!

#3 ·
Use the Search feature, you'll get plenty recommendations

#4 ·
Plenty of great options in this size, such as the Michelin's that Larryp recommended. Although it sounds like you really enjoyed the Continentals, was there any objection to just sticking with them? The reason I ask is tires are a product of compromise, no tire will score a 5 out of 5 in every performance attribute. So the goal would be to match what your intended use of the tire is and your driving conditions with the right product.

#7 ·
No objection at all- just trying to narrow things down a bit. My initial internet search dumped out 24 different tires- if I eliminate the cut-rate choices it still leaves like 15. My current thought is to go back to the Continentals, but always looking for more info from actual buyers. The added benefit of asking for input here (as opposed to reading seller reviews) is that people are offering opinions based on driving essentially the same car that I am.

Go with 245/40/19 over 235/40/19 then.

More choices and usually a slightly lower price on same model.

As an example, the General Altimax RT43 (a well-regarded all-season tire actually) in 235/40/19 is $167.99 on Tire Rack / $168.00 on Discount Tire, while the same tire in 245/40/19 is $146.99 on Tire Rack / $147.00 on Discount Tire.
Thanks - I will look into that. Only a small variation in size, and I assume no clearance issues. I like the idea of a bit more tread and sidewall height.

#5 ·
I always use the search first. Just looking for suggestions that are more recent.

#6 ·
Looking for something similar in an all-weather high performance / ultra high performance tire. Price isn't a huge factor, but if I can save a few bucks that's great.
Go with 245/40/19 over 235/40/19 then.

More choices and usually a slightly lower price on same model.

As an example, the General Altimax RT43 (a well-regarded all-season tire actually) in 235/40/19 is $167.99 on Tire Rack / $168.00 on Discount Tire, while the same tire in 245/40/19 is $146.99 on Tire Rack / $147.00 on Discount Tire.

#10 ·
I too run a 245/40 Yokohama Advan and absolutely love them. Great all around tire. Would HIGHLY recommend. Zero clearance issues on factory suspension. I live in south Texas, so weather differences are reasonably broad, and these tires have held up well. I’ve had them for about a year and half now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.