Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add a single DIN head unit to my 2004 Accord V6 EX Coupe with premium 6-disc audio (no navigation).

There is the Metra 99-7862 and the Scosche HA1573B (cheaper than the Metra). Is there a preference towards one of these manufacturers, and why?

Also, I need the aftermarket headunit to power the stock speakers; will this be an issue, or are the supplied harnesses with the above kits sufficient? Do the stock speakers have their own built-on amplifiers, and/or operate at impedences other than 4 ohms?

Will these units allow me to retain the functionality of the HVAC system without any other needed modifications?

Thanks!

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I am using the Scosche kit and it works perfectly fine. The supplied harnesses will allow the aftermarket headunit to power the stock speakers without issue. The speakers do not have "built-on amplifiers." There is a factory amp under the passenger side dash, IIRC. I do not know if the impedance can be altered via factory amp. The harness included in the Scosche kit will allow you to retain the HVAC controls. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts