Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Gearhead Girl 馃
The belt being replaced at 62k miles is kinda prematurely interesting.
Not really. 80k miles for a 2006 is incredibly low- it probably hit the calendar year age limit for replacement.

Again, timing belts are rubber, they degrade with calendar age as well.

Registered
I'll check the insurance prices, though it'll only be liability + theft or "completely totalling the car" (not sure how it's called over there)
The civics in my price range (under 13k usd) cost almost the same as the accords of the same year/mileage, for some reason accords depreciate really fast here and they're rarely seen.

I forgot to mention, but one of the reasons I chose the 7th gen V6 is because it has VSA. Which the civic that is sold here didn't include until 2017.

Thanks for all the tips!
V6 Accord depreciates faster than a Civic because it is a bigger liability to own one. Keep going back in model years, and at one point a toyota corolla will sell for more than a V8 Jaguar for the same reason.

Registered
Depending on traffic conditions in your city, a 4 cylinder may be more economical. Some posters can only get 12mpg (V6) living in NYC. Whatever car you decide on have a good independent shop mechanic check it out.
Ahhh.... I consistently get 24/25 MPG on my '07 6 cyl with mostly town driving. Now if you stand on it a lot just because you have the 6, that's another story. If you can't resist the 6, don't get it.

Registered
The belt being replaced at 62k miles is kinda prematurely interesting.

Considering Honda has never put transmission servicing for the 7th gen v6 as a priority item (especially the filter which doesnt officially exist for service), I don't think it matters if there was dealership service. But at 80k miles I would be doing the 3x drain and fill to keep that transmission strong.
OP states the car is a 2008. The service interval is 7 years or 105k miles for the T belt. I bought a low mileage 06 and the belt with water pump was replaced at 42k miles and at 11 years. Premature for miles but age for belts and seals does matter; especially in extreme climates such as Argentina.
Also the filters on these transmissions is a screen.. that is only catching major debris.

Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
OP states the car is a 2008. The service interval is 7 years or 105k miles for the T belt. I bought a low mileage 06 and the belt with water pump was replaced at 42k miles and at 11 years. Premature for miles but age for belts and seals does matter; especially in extreme climates such as Argentina.
Also the filters on these transmissions is a screen.. that is only catching major debris.
Nope, the transmission has a proper paper canister filter in it. It鈥檚 actually pretty easy to remove too, but the service manual denies it exists.

Registered
Hello! I am a newbie from Buenos Aires, Argentina here, just got my license and hopefully I'll soon get my hands on this car.
It's a 2006 V6 AT with 80k miles and it's always been serviced at a Honda dealership and looks clean, the belt/pump were replaced at 62k.
The owner is asking 5800usd for it.

Do you guys think it's worth it? Or should I look for a newer one? A 2011 accord i4 in similar condition is around 3k usd more.
Ideally I'd like to get 5 years out of it without much trouble.

Thanks!

View attachment 529900 View attachment 529901 View attachment 529902 View attachment 529903 View attachment 529904 View attachment 529905
HOLA,
YO TAMBIEN SOY DE BUENOS AIRES, PERO VIVO EN LOS ANGELES YA HACE MUCHOS ANOS. YO TENGO UN 2013, 4 CICLINDRO. LOS MOTORES DE HONDA SON BUENOS. ALLA NO PODES MANEJAR MUY VELOZ, NO? ES MAS, EL DE 4 NO VA A CONSUMIR TANTA NAFTA, LO CUAL SERA MEJOR PARA TU CARTERA, NO? LA TRANSMISION ES ALGO QUE ME PREOCUPARA. TENES ALGUN MECANICO QUE LO PUEDA REVISAR. TENGO UNA AMIGA CON ESE MISMO AUTO. SE LE FUNDO A LOS 200,000. DEPENDE CUANTO TIEMPO PIENSAS TENERLO. CIAO, Y MUCHA SUERTE.

Registered
I've seen 7.5 gens with 600,000 km on the clock, it's drives very nice

You don't have to pay the asking price, offer them lower price and mention it's got a missing exhaust and whatever else is wrong with it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
After thinking about it a lot, I ended up buying a top of the line 2007 Toyota Corolla with 95k miles for 5k usd. The previous owner had all the maintenance records and the exterior/interior are in pretty good condition considering the age. It may not be as nice as an accord, but I think repairs are going to be cheaper and it's good enough for my first car.

Thanks for all the replies!

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 09.56.13.png Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 09.55.46.png Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 09.55.37.png Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 09.55.06.png Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 09.54.20.png Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 09.53.42.png Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 09.52.56.png

Gearhead Girl 馃
Toyota's still a good choice, and the service records make it a great pick! Good luck with it, and congrats!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts