Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Accord EX-L (I4 5AT)
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Looking to get some professional leather repair done. The original owner was on both the larger and older side, so she slid into the drivers seat, causing major cracks and wear. any idea how much a good shop would charge for new bolster leather? Anything to look for in a good shop?

·
Turbo lag
2,504 Posts
I was interested in a S2000 at one point and the driver seat had similar major cracks and wear. The few shop that I reached out locally wanted $1000-1200. Maybe I sounded like a dumba** and like someone that they could take an advantage of, but thought you'd appreciate the data point.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Accord EX-L (I4 5AT)
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was interested in a S2000 at one point and the driver seat had similar major cracks and wear. The few shop that I reached out locally wanted $1000-1200. Maybe I sounded like a dumba** and like someone that they could take an advantage of, but thought you'd appreciate the data point.
Thanks for the response. That’s kinda what I was scared of… guess I’ll have to put up with it

·
(Ken)
'09 6-6 Accord Coupe
156 Posts
Yikes. I hope they were replacing all the leather at that price. I once paid $1600 to reskin an entire sedan. Granted, that was 15 years ago, and they used a kit similar to Katzkins.

I've seen people get leather repaired. I don't know exactly how to find those people, but I'd expect it to be less than $200 for a bolster repair. I'd start by asking your local dealership if they have a guy, then expand to asking the biggest multi-dealer network in your area. Dealers regularly have a guy stop in once a week for paintless dent removal and have a connection to get wheels refinished. Why not leather repair? You just have to talk them into getting your car taken care of on the day that guy stops in. Ask the service tech double check with their manager because refurbishment for resale isn't in their general purview.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,728 Posts
If you replace your upholstery by individual panel (piece), you can use vinyl. Like the seat panel(s) you mentioned. I did that on my 2003 coupe and no one can tell the difference. I saved a bucket of money. My seats were black. You may have trouble matching colors.

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
666 Posts
I believe only the seat cushion itself (the part you sit on) is actually leather. The sides of the seats, and all other "leather" upholstery in the car, is actually just textured Vinyl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts