Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sup Guys,

I've previously owned a number of accords including the 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th & 9th generation accord. I am considering purchasing another accord, possibly a 2018 or 2019 Sport model. Is there anything that I need to look out for when purchasing this model Accord? I haven't heard anything negative but still want to do my due diligence and possibly receive some feedback from the true owners.

Also, how is the current apple carplay? The connection to Pandora from iPhone on my 9th generation is aggravating to say the least. ?

Thanks in advance
I would be a lot more worried about how well the turbo holds up than the Apple Carplay. Note that Honda killed the V-6 in 2018, so you have no other choice than a 4-cylinder with a turbo. If the turbo goes out, that will be one horrific bill. Let someone else be the guinea pig on this new technology (for Honda Accords).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had a 2.0 Accord Touring automatic for 2 months and had 0 problems so far. No rattles. This car is stupid fast and makes driving an exhilarating experience. Throw in a near luxury interior, great safety features that work but are not intrusive, an incredible amount of second row leg room, an enormous trunk and you can understand why its a Car & Driver pick for car of the year. The upgraded information system and Apple CarPlay works really well. Complaints? Better sound system, though I'm getting used to it. I'd have liked to put on tires with a wider aspect ratio, but with 19" wheels it won't fit in the wheel well and I don't want to spend the money to swap out the wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We had a 2018 1.5T Sport and recently traded it with 140k miles and it was flawless. The car had certain little glitches that magically repaired themselves, the only problem we did have with it was that one of the LED fogs went out (probably because we drove with the headlights on 24/7) but that was a quick warranty claim at the dealer and all was well since. The Apple Carplay was fine (a bit glitchy at times) but typically I'd just unplug my phone and then reconnect it and the problem would be fixed. The 1.5T was an adequate engine but I wished it wouldn't have been paired with the CVT although cruising at 80-85 the CVT did return some good MPG so I was thankful for that. However, the 1.5T Sport is not feature happy so at times I wished it had more features but it is based off the LX trim so I don't know why I expected much more.

Now we have 2020 2.0T Sport and it's a better car than the 1.5T in every way! It has remote start, walk away auto lock, moonroof, heated front seats, a driver-side rear map pocket, Smart entry (which really made me upset that the 1.5T didn't have it) but best of all it has the 2.0T and the 10-Speed Auto and it is amazing the car is perfect now....Along with Crystal Black Pearl being the best color (so @ me on that) haha! The 10th gen Accord is an amazing car all around!

Also, I'm going to be replacing the Sport rims on my car with the ones from the EX because with all the driving I do having the 19s is not a good idea. I replaced 3 wheels on my 2018 and I don't want to do that again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would be a lot more worried about how well the turbo holds up than the Apple Carplay. Note that Honda killed the V-6 in 2018, so you have no other choice than a 4-cylinder with a turbo. If the turbo goes out, that will be one horrific bill. Let someone else be the guinea pig on this new technology (for Honda Accords).
Turbocharging is not exactly new technology. I put over 100,000 miles on my 1990 Dodge Daytona ES Turbo with no problems ever from the turbo. If Dodge could do it in the 80's and 90's then I'm not going to worry about Honda in 2020. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now we have 2020 2.0T Sport and it's a better car than the 1.5T in every way! It has remote start, walk away auto lock, moonroof, heated front seats, a driver-side rear map pocket, Smart entry (which really made me upset that the 1.5T didn't have it)
For the benefit of the OP and others... all those features come standard with the 1.5T engine on the EX trim level.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts