Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this 1992 Accord LX in 'opal green' with 18700 miles on it for dirt cheap from an old lady who had the car since it was new, and kept it in a garage. Besides banging it up a little bit in her later years the car is pristine (we're pretty sure its still got its original tires?).

So I am a delivery driver atm, I've gotten the miles up to 25k now, and I love car, gonna have it for a long time. First money i put into it was a new stereo and speakers. Now I'm considering ceramic brakes because a nice coating a break dust develops rather quickly after cleaning it.

Next money I wanna spend is to get those dents out, and touch up the paint to prevent rust.

Any cheap performance upgrades would be cool too.
Any recommendations?

Edit: Oh and I'm a former '92 civic dx 4dr driver... got that car with 55k and drove it till 170k. This accord is a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got this 1992 Accord LX in 'opal green' with 18700 miles on it for dirt cheap from an old lady who had the car since it was new, and kept it in a garage. Besides banging it up a little bit in her later years the car is pristine (we're pretty sure its still got its original tires?).

So I am a delivery driver atm, I've gotten the miles up to 25k now, and I love car, gonna have it for a long time. First money i put into it was a new stereo and speakers. Now I'm considering ceramic brakes because a nice coating a break dust develops rather quickly after cleaning it.

Next money I wanna spend is to get those dents out, and touch up the paint to prevent rust.

Any cheap performance upgrades would be cool too.
Any recommendations?

Edit: Oh and I'm a former '92 civic dx 4dr driver... got that car with 55k and drove it till 170k. This accord is a nice upgrade.
Wow..a 92 accord with 18,700 miles is crazy, nice find. I used to have a black 97 accord sedan and some of the things I had done were grille, tints, sub & amp, cat-back exhaust (stock one's piping cracked as it had about 150k on it), and viper remote start and keyless entry. Also had aftermarket smoked taillights but swapped back to stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I get that a lot, the car seriously still had new car smell. I've been eyeballing it for 2 years, and we finally convinced this lady to sell it because shes 87 and can't see well anymore. Pretty sure I can sell it for double I paid, but I wish it was an SE with a sunroof.
Exhaust upgrade has been considered, although i have a tendency to laugh when i hear a Honda wiz by that's entirely too loud for how quickly its not accelerating. But I don't really want to spend more than $200 at a time on parts. I also have keyless entry/alarm.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah I get that a lot, the car seriously still had new car smell. I've been eyeballing it for 2 years, and we finally convinced this lady to sell it because shes 87 and can't see well anymore. Pretty sure I can sell it for double I paid, but I wish it was an SE with a sunroof.
Exhaust upgrade has been considered, although i have a tendency to laugh when i hear a Honda wiz by that's entirely too loud for how quickly its not accelerating. But I don't really want to spend more than $200 at a time on parts. I also have keyless entry/alarm.
Haha I agree, that car was build primarily for aesthetics and comfort, plus the magnaflow cat-back was less than half the price for the OEM but wither way wont be putting on any aftermarket exhaust on my future cars. Keep us posted on the build.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ras- what extent are the dents you are speaking of? For example, last winter I hit a deer (maybe 2) and messed up the whole front end of my Volvo 850. My local U Pull It yard had the same car, same color. I bought a fender, hood, and door all in my car's color. just bolted them on and color match is very good. Also bought lights etc, but no painting was needed. hanging parts is a lot easier than painting. Dave

·
i now have 2 cars to break!!! MUWHAHAH!!!!
14,905 Posts
i really hope that you replaced the tires..... dryrotted to hell i imagine.... :paranoid:

does the car burn oil above, say 3k rpms? wit a car with that low mileage, i would be worried that the car was never broken in properly.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good find, is it a coupe or a sedan? How is it doing now after a couple months?

92 was the first year Accords got a driver's side airbag and anti-lock brakes, but I don't know if the LX had them. I remember because I had a 91 (still have it as a 2nd car), the last year without airbags or anti-lock brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts