Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2007 4cly honda accord
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i baught myself a 2007 4dr silver honda accord, 4cylander engine....its stock SE model and im looking to make it look good. im getting the hids, led fog lights, rear spoiler, mud flaps, and tinted windows this weekend....my question is concening springs, rims, and tires....

1. i found a 18" Rim and Tire Package (Nexen 7000 225/40) for $960 out the door....is that a good deal? or should i hold out for a better deal? here are the links to the rims.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260367360737&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

2. i want to drop the car and give it a nice flush look, similar to that of a BMW, which spring kit would be the most reliable, and best looking kit for me to get?

I appreciate anyones advice and help, and would like to thank everyone in advance.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
First off, congratulations!

I'm kind of split on the rims, it's hard to give advice on them without seeing them on the car.

What LED fog lights are you talking about? And if you plan on getting HIDs, please add projectors to the list so you don't blind oncoming traffic with a ton of glare.

As far as spring kits, Eibach makes a good kit, and so does Tein.

·
2007 4cly honda accord
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol i got the hid kit the other day, havnt looked into any projector headlights, from what i read everyone recommends retrofits...how much does that cost to do? And is it hard?...do you think that 960 is a good price for those rims and tires? Thank you

·
The rice-inspired Accord!
41 Posts
- Retrofit costs $300....

- I'm on TEIN springs so i highly recommend...

- As for the rims, I can't say go ahead and buy it since I'm very picky when it comes to rims... Have u thought of other rims or what is your alternate rims??? Whatever makes u happy go for it but the rims on the Ebay, im not feelin it...

·
2007 4cly honda accord
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im trying to look for some decent looking rims and tires for around $900....does anyone know of any whole in the wall places where i could get a good deal on rims and tires?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Nice! What you described reminds me of my car.

My windows are also tinted 35%, hope this gives you an idea of how 35% looks like. It's not as dark as I would like, but it does a good job keeping the car cool and gives you some privacy. Post pics of your car man!

Edit, if you want a slight subtle drop, I'd recommend the Eibach Pro kits, but as NFS said, the S-Techs are nice too, gives you a bigger drop and looks a lot more aggressive if you have some nice wheels. I think it'll go great with the ones you posted.

·
2007 4cly honda accord
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i just got my mods done today, all but the leds for my fogs...and my car looks almost exactly like yours lol. I have a different spoiler, and my headlights are stock, your headlights look pretty awesome, did u buy them like that, or did u retrofit and tint the signals?... Yea im looking for a subtle drop and i think ill be getting the rims i posted... Im liking your car...mine is also silver...and i was wondering if youve found a remedy for chips in the paint... The front of my hood has quite a few chips from freeway rocks, touchup paint just isnt doing the trick...will post picks soon, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts