Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed their beeper for the seatbelts and other warnings sounding a little more "shrill" occasionally?

I thought that behavior is a sign that the beeper may eventually fail.

I'll talk to my dealer about it at my first oil-change (unless the thing goes out before), but my concern is the location of the beeper. Is it right on the fuse box or someplace near there, mounted against the firewall, or will the dashboard have to be torn apart to get to the thing if it fails? (My car is still rattle-free from all areas of the dash after nine months and 6,800 miles, and I'd like to keep it that way!) :paranoid:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Has anyone noticed their beeper for the seatbelts and other warnings sounding a little more "shrill" occasionally?

I thought that behavior is a sign that the beeper may eventually fail.

I'll talk to my dealer about it at my first oil-change (unless the thing goes out before), but my concern is the location of the beeper. Is it right on the fuse box or someplace near there, mounted against the firewall, or will the dashboard have to be torn apart to get to the thing if it fails? (My car is still rattle-free from all areas of the dash after nine months and 6,800 miles, and I'd like to keep it that way!) :paranoid:
Can you find anything more trivial to worry about? You are correct about one thing, everything on your car may eventually fail.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only concern is what has to be taken apart to get to it.

Guilty as charged on OCD!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm with the OP on this one. I have the same issue on my touring and it annoys the hell out of me when I'm driving. And since it doesn't happen all the time, I can never recreate the issue at the dealer.

OP, did you ever find a resolution to this problem?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Solution: wear your seatbelt?

·
Registered
6 Posts
what? I AM wearing my seatbelt. That doesn't fix the issue.

I think you might've been trying to be funny or something (horrible attempt by the way) OR maybe you are just trolling.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm with the OP on this one. I have the same issue on my touring and it annoys the hell out of me when I'm driving. And since it doesn't happen all the time, I can never recreate the issue at the dealer.

OP, did you ever find a resolution to this problem?
Haven't taken it in yet--will do with the first oil change.

I'm just curious where the thing is, since as I stated, I just want to know if the dashboard will have to be ripped apart (possibly introducing rattles), or if it's out "in the open." Either way, I'll probably wait until it goes out to actually have it fixed.

It's just concerning that I had this problem occur nine months into ownership; my last car's beeper started doing the same thing--after five years!

·
Registered
288 Posts
what? I AM wearing my seatbelt. That doesn't fix the issue.

I think you might've been trying to be funny or something (horrible attempt by the way) OR maybe you are just trolling.
You thought wrong. I'm referring to the seatbelt chime.

I'm thinking you're butthurt too easily. It's the internet, relax. :banana:

·
Registered
275 Posts
When exactly does it beep?

Wait, so it beeps even when your seatbelt is on?

There are a few things that could cause this, and I haven't paid close enough attention to know whether they are different frequencies from one another:

Lane Drift Warning turned on (EX-L and above) it's gonna beep when it thinks you're making unsignaled lane shifts. I think a little warning light flashes on the side of the cluster that you're drifting towards, but I'm not sure -- when mine goes off I'm not looking closely at the cluster!

Forward Collision Warning turned on (EX-L and above) it's gonna beep when it thinks you're approaching an object too fast. It's also going to flash a light at the bottom of the windshield and dash.

I imagine there are maintenance and mechanical warnings that would trigger a beep as well, but they probably come along with dash text.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts