Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else noticed this? My old car had a somewhat weaker airflow from the outer vents, I'm assuming because of pressure loss (the venting originated from the center of the dash, going outward). Didn't bother me much.

Now I have the opposite problem in my 13 LX coupe. The center vents barely push out any air it seems. I get 90% of the airflow from the outer vents. Anyone else notice this?

·
Elvira
3,438 Posts
Yes I also noticed that less air from center stack vs outboard vents. Seems to help to dampen down the outboard vents to help "redirect" flow more through the center stack. Not much an improvement though.

It will increase flow if I put the mode button to direct air through dash vents only and not defrost vent or floor vent.

Miker

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I also noticed that less air from center stack vs outboard vents. Seems to help to dampen down the outboard vents to help "redirect" flow more through the center stack. Not much an improvement though.

It will increase flow if I put the mode button to direct air through dash vents only and not defrost vent or floor vent.

Miker
Yeah thanks, I'll have to try that. Its going in for warranty stuff (iMID, CVT stuff possibly) this week and I asked them to check into it. I'll let you know what they say, but it really is pretty depressing when I feel zero air coming from them at all.

·
Broke A$$ Superhero
46 Posts
question...do you have your econ button on? I noticed I got more air out of the vents with it off. Apparently econ limits the output of the AC among other things that run on the car

·
Elvira
3,438 Posts
question...do you have your econ button on? I noticed I got more air out of the vents with it off. Apparently econ limits the output of the AC among other things that run on the car
You are correct Evil. ECON does dumb down the AC but I wouldn't believe there would be any benefit doing it with heating. But who knows how it was programmed.
Miker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts