Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The low beam headlight lenses in my car have both cracked. Not at the same time but within a year. I replaced the whole unit on one side at vast expense but now I see the other side has cracked.

I have Halfords Advanced Extra Brilliance Xenon lights installed and wonder whether they are the cause. Any ideas?

I've attached a photo.

Bob

Attachments

·
07 Sdn
384 Posts
Whats the wattage of the bulb??
Its possible that the focus on the bulb is causing excessive heating to the lens causing it too crack. I've never seen anything like this before though. Very weird...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you retro in good projectors or are they cheap ebay headlights with crap projectors?
Well, they are original Honda lights with the original projectors (I think). It wasn't until I followed your link that I realised you could buy just the projectors. When the first one cracked I replaced the whole light unit. Now I'm wondering whether I can get just the projector over here in the UK.
Bob

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Well, they are original Honda lights with the original projectors (I think). It wasn't until I followed your link that I realised you could buy just the projectors. When the first one cracked I replaced the whole light unit. Now I'm wondering whether I can get just the projector over here in the UK.
Bob
The 7th gen didn't come with projectors as an OEM option. Are you in the correct generation of vehicle? Perhaps you need the 8th gen forum boards.

Sent from my LGoogle Nexus 5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts