Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before, when I got to maybe the last 3 ticks on the gas meter, my light would go on. Now even when I get to the last tick on the gas meter, I don't get the orange gas light. What would cause this?

My car is a 2000 Honda Accord Special Edition,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does the light prove out when you turn the key on/not running? my 99 doesn't have a light on it, or if it does, it has been burnt out since I bought the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The low fuel light doesn't come on when the engine is not running...unless you actually have a low fuel condition.

The light quit working on my 2001 Accord as well. Never did troubleshoot it to figure out what happened. I suspect it was a wiring issue.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The low fuel light doesn't come on when the engine is not running...unless you actually have a low fuel condition.

The light quit working on my 2001 Accord as well. Never did troubleshoot it to figure out what happened. I suspect it was a wiring issue.
My 2000 Accord Coupe's fuel low level warning light has not worked in a few years. Your's lasted longer than mine. I haven't taken it in to be repaired because I always buy gas when the milage on the 'A' trip counter reaches 320. I reset it at every fill up.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
According to the wiring diagram the switch for the low fuel light is part of the fuel tank sending unit. Dont know if mine works or not, I've never run it that low to find out.

Reactions: Shoesmaster

·
Registered
193 Posts
According to the wiring diagram the switch for the low fuel light is part of the fuel tank sending unit. Dont know if mine works or not, I've never run it that low to find out.
I've never seen mine go on and had the needle down to "E". My car at that point take 14 1/2 gallons or so.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
The first thing you can do to troubleshoot is to simply replace the bulb. If a new bulb doesn't work still, then it'll be something else as previously mentioned; the sending unit, bad fuse, bad wiring, etc.

BTW, mine has been out since I bought my car in June of 2007 with 108k miles on the clock.

There have been threads about this before... seems like a pretty common issue
This

I've never seen mine go on and had the needle down to "E". My car at that point take 14 1/2 gallons or so.
I've had mine just slightly below the "E" line on several occasions and it'll fill up with 16 gallons +/- 0.2 gallons.

·
Registered
415 Posts
mine hasn't worked in years either .... the bulb shouldn't burn out unless you spend a lot of time low on gas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The first thing you can do to troubleshoot is to simply replace the bulb. If a new bulb doesn't work still, then it'll be something else as previously mentioned; the sending unit, bad fuse, bad wiring, etc.

BTW, mine has been out since I bought my car in June of 2007 with 108k miles on the clock.

This

I've had mine just slightly below the "E" line on several occasions and it'll fill up with 16 gallons +/- 0.2 gallons.
When my car gets to the "E" line, it is around 14.5 gallons. I remember another time I did this, I flipped the headlights on/off and then it suddenly turned on for that instance. After I fueled up, I have not been able to get the light back on. Could it be the sensor or something along those lines?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts