Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
No, I mean it can not be turned OFF.
wow. i stand corrected. thank you for the info! this is one to be remembered. there are CEL codes that disable the system and set the light. shame on me for assuming it would be the same for TPMS.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does anyone know if pressing the tpms button near the drivers door or doing the tpms calibration on the screen for those with navi is the same thing? Usually when my sensor goes off after i fix the tire pressures i just do the tpms calibration through the screen settings.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't have Honda's firmware code but typically there is a 60 sec or 120 sec timer depending on the CPU's clock. The low fuel and pressure just happened to occur around the same time. Your low pressure is not based on a single occurence -the car's CPU is looking for persistant mismatch in the wheel speed and it occurred the same time as your low fuel. Nothing magiical about this.
Maybe not magical, but seems like a hell of a coincidence. There were quite a few 60 or 120 second intervals between getting the tires rotated Friday morning, driving around town for work appointments then heading out Saturday for a 7 hour road trip.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Does anyone know if pressing the tpms button near the drivers door or doing the tpms calibration on the screen for those with navi is the same thing? Usually when my sensor goes off after i fix the tire pressures i just do the tpms calibration through the screen settings.
No difference. Either/both initiate the recal.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
So on Saturday I put air in the tires and drove 400 miles round trip to Boston to Albany. Today, I drive back to Boston in an icy mix and about 60 miles in I get the low pressure light. Now I'm worried since I just aired up the tires 72 hours ago and never had a light. I stop at the next rest stop with intentions of checking the pressure. Damn, I didn't have a gauge in the car so I do a visual inspection, all looks good. As the drive goes east the temps go fro 25 to 45 and I was hoping the warmer temps would make the light go away. Nope. I ask my daughter to read the manual for me and it said to do a TPMS reset after airing the tires which I didn't do 72 hours ago. Off to the next rest area stop the car do the reset and the light goes out and never comes back on for the remaining 250 miles of the trip. At home, I check the pressures and they ranged from 32.5 to 34. Any ideas why I got a light at all? It was cold when I initially added air on Saturday. There was such little variance here but a lot of anguish since I didn't initially do the reset.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts