Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am redoing the thread cause now I have camera shots and looks so much better. So, I installed the lower dash kit for my tv. It's a 7inch LCD. JVC 3" LCD in the upper metra dash kit, and 7in PowerAcoustics LCD screen in the lower. Coin tray and ac adaptor is still useable. During the day, the tv is normal, at night.. can be a little bright, but thats what you get with a 7in and the screen brightness is auto-adjust. It did suck removing the OEM radio, but I have a LX trim, so no big difference for me.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.

Also, here is the link to see my progression with the car (+ mesh grille) and full mod list can be found in the signature.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29873

·
Registered
155 Posts
do you still have the protective cover on the TV screen. Seeing some bubbles when its off. Nice mod!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup. protective cover is still on the screen. for "protection" purposes. When the tv is on, the bubbles aren't noticable.

·
Registered
418 Posts
What did you use for the lower kit? It looks good! I still am not crazy about the upper kit, but to each his own.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you use for the lower kit? It looks good! I still am not crazy about the upper kit, but to each his own.
It was the Metra lower dash kit. It was a single-din at first then I did some custom work to turn it into a double-din. I used bondo to patch the sides and make a rear stand to hold the tv. Sanding and spray paint to match the color.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Looks clean, quite impressive. Regards

Richard

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice and clean setup, how much that cost you?
Upper Dash Kit, Lower Dash Kit, Bondo, Spray Paint, JVC Headunit, Lower 7" LCD w/ Remote = about $530 (accessories) then the speakers, subs, amps, rca, 8-gauge, plus time and labor... $,$$$

·
Registered
468 Posts
so the bottom LCD is just a screen and not a HU?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Correct. The HU is above and displays larger video below. (correct me if I am wrong azn)

·
Registered
468 Posts
interesting, so do you have a dvd player and nav as well? and if you do, how does that work with that HU and LCD?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the top is the HU and the lower is just a LCD screen. The DVD player is behind the headunit, the navigation was on the headunit one model up and I didn't get it. I use the iPhone application or Garmin for navigation if I "seriously" need it. The TV Tuner is mounted under the passenger seat not yet wired.

·
Registered
521 Posts
honestly thats pretty wack... i think the aftermarket nav that mostly everyone gets looks better...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
honestly thats pretty wack... i think the aftermarket nav that mostly everyone gets looks better...
That's my old 2009 look. It's August of 2010.. update your DriveAccord.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i did a LCD on the lower instead of a double din unit, it required more work cause it was made custom from a single din metra to a custom double din mount.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if you want to do a double din, get the OEM Honda audio attachment kit from the dealer. if you want to do a flip out, I have a metra dash kit for sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts