Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and had a question that I was hoping to get some advice on, My '95 Legend's head gasket is finally failing as I'm approaching 200k miles. It's time for me to get a new (used) Honda.....

I've decided on purchasing a 7th generation Accord Coupe, I'm looking at 4 cylinders only as I know the V6's have a transmission problem discussed on this forum......... My question is do you think it's better to buy an older one (2003) with less mileage (57k) or a newer one (2007) with more mileage (95k)??

The 2007 is about 1000 dollars cheaper. Any thoughts and feed back would be really helpful

Thanks
Mike:wave:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i have a 2006 accord with 108k miles and i think the 06-07 accords are pretty nice. you get some new features depending on which model you go for.

perhaps you should post which trim level the 03 and 07 models are?

also, it might not be true, but its a high chance that the 2007 accord was driven mostly highway since it racked so many miles in a short time. and the 2003 accord might have been driven mostly city. highway miles are better for the car than city miles. just a thought! but the most important thing is how the car functions mechanically like if it drives smooth without any noises or vibrations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paperboy,

they're both EX coupes with i4 engines. The '03 has leather, the '07 doesn't which really doesn't matter to me. I was thinking the same thing you said. thanks for taking the time to reply:thmsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
well the 07 will have heated mirrors. the 03 may or may not have side airbags(it was only an option in 2003), while the 2007 has all the airbags standard. overall, the 07 will look a bit newer with newer style gauge cluster and LED taillights. the 07 has 6 extra horsepower lower emissions depending on your state.

thats all i can think about right now, but also the 07 should have less overall wear and tear in interior and scratches on paint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I agree with both of you guys but of course now I just ran the CARFAX and the '07 was in an accident where the was "airbag deployment" last year, also the 07 has 2 service records available versus the 03's 17.

never thought of buying a car that's been in an accident, I imagine if the airbags deployed it was pretty bad but the title was never listed as Salvage, Junk, or Rebuilt but still not sure if I want a car with that history. Know anyone who ever has?? Would you?

·
3-Time Accord Owner
1,149 Posts
06 and 07 are virtually identical and improved over their predecessors. Go with the 06/07 every time, unless the mileage is ridiculous.

·
Registered
249 Posts
07!! 95k miles, don't worry about it, you will easily get 150k-200k + on the car, that is if you even keep it that long. The 7.5 gen 06/07 IMO are a bit more sporty/nicer in the body design, like paperboy said LED tail lights extra horse less body damage likely. Also don't hesitate to ask your seller if you can bring it to your mechanic to have him look the car over before you buy it if your worried about it from being in an accident, I've done that before. I would deff go with the 07 as long as everything checks out OK! :thmsup:

·
V6 Slingshot Engaged!!
519 Posts
If the 07 has been in that bad of an accident I say NO way.

The only other thing nobody has mentioned is that the 03 will have auto climate control and heated seats of course since it has leather. The 03 won't have XM radio either.

The only thing about the 03's especially if it had a v6, which it doesn't, is that they have a high transmission failure rate. The i4 doesn't have that problem I don't believe, but just wanted to throw that out there. Maybe look for a different 06-07 that hasn't been in a accident?:dunno:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
this reminds me of my car, lol. my 2006 accord has high miles when i got it last year(95k) and airbag deployment but NOT a salvaged title. and yes recently i've been having some problems with it, may or may not have to do with the prior accident.

just make sure it gets checked out to see if it was fixed properly

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
easy call. get the 07. 03 was the first year of a major redesign, 04-07 are better cars.
Happy with my 03. Which one to get depends on how many miles your going to put on it. If many then the lower mileage is the choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this reminds me of my car, lol. my 2006 accord has high miles when i got it last year(95k) and airbag deployment but NOT a salvaged title. and yes recently i've been having some problems with it, may or may not have to do with the prior accident.

just make sure it gets checked out to see if it was fixed properly
Paperboy, what kind of problems have you been experiencing?

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
-Gene
656 Posts
Top 10 Problem Vehicles

1. 2002 Ford Explorer
2. 2008 Honda Accord
3. 2004 Ford Explorer
4. 2003 Ford Explorer
5. 2003 Honda Accord
6. 2001 Honda Civic
7. 2002 Chevrolet Impala
8. 2004 Ford F-150
9. 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
10. 2002 Dodge Ram 1500

LOL dayom.

·
Sosi baklazhani bydlo
589 Posts
Im selling my tastefully modded 05 exl v6 with 35k and absolutely no problems. If your interested make me an offer. Ill pm you pics and details. Im local too

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I would never, ever, ever buy a used car knowing the airbags deployed. That car may have been damn near totaled. You never know :dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts