Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wanting to lower my car at most around an inch to lower the gap, may be getting 19" or 20" rims before. I'm trying to make it stiffer and keep good handling on it. any recommendations on what to get/do. new coil overs, springs, sway bars, and anything other needed without breaking the bank. this will be done over time

edit: fixed typos

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,576 Posts
I'm wanting to lower my car at most around an inch to lower the gap, may be getting 19' or 20' rims before. I'm trying to make it stiffer and keep good handling on it. any recommendations on what to get/do. new coil overs, springs, sway bars, and anything other needed without braking the bank. this will be done over time

🤦‍♂️

·
2010 2.4EX
154 Posts
I'm wanting to lower my car at most around an inch to lower the gap,
may be getting 19' or 20' rims before. I'm trying to make it stiffer and
keep good handling on it. any recommendations on what to get/do.
new coil overs, springs, sway bars, and anything other needed without
braking the bank. this will be done over time

I'm asking this in the context of anyone - not just you - but anyone who has ever desired to perform the combination of lowering mods you want to make to your car:

WHY?

My 2010 EX, mi75,000/km125,000, is already kissing driveway thresholds at the local Burger King and other establishments. If I lower it even half-inch, I'll rip the front bumper skirt right off just going down the road, lol!

·
Registered
785 Posts
For a 1 inch drop, I would recommend springs only. The Eibach Pro Kit 4090.140 will work with factory struts.
For ride stiffness and additional handling characteristics, add the Progress 22mm rear sway bar 62.0105 and the Ultra Racing front strut tower brace UR-TW2-2791.

For lowest prices, shop online (Ebay, Amazon, Google shopping) for the springs and sway bar. The strut bar is sold at Throwdownperformance.com for $155.

The 3 items above will run you about $600 while a coilover set starts at around $600-$700. Additionally, you may need to buy a rear camber kit for $300 if you decide on a coil over set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
foul and degrading language that hurts our sacred forum
For a 1 inch drop, I would recommend springs only. The Eibach Pro Kit 4090.140 will work with factory struts.
For ride stiffness and additional handling characteristics, add the Progress 22mm rear sway bar 62.0105 and the Ultra Racing front strut tower brace UR-TW2-2791.

For lowest prices, shop online (Ebay, Amazon, Google shopping) for the springs and sway bar. The strut bar is sold at Throwdownperformance.com for $155.

The 3 items above will run you about $600 while a coilover set starts at around $600-$700. Additionally, you may need to buy a rear camber kit for $300 if you decide on a coil over set.
All this is why I have yet to EXPLOSIVE, PAINFUL, LOUD, AND EPICALLY UNCONTROLLABLE BOWEL MOVEMENTS WHICH WILL LEAD TO DEHYDRATION, HOSPITALIZATION, ORGAN FAILURE, REPEATED RESUSCITATION, EVENTUAL DEATH, LAWSUITS, ACCUSATIONS, ALLEGATIONS, ACCEPTANCE, LEGAL SETTLEMENTS, AND A YOUTUBE TRIBUTE VIDEO WITH 6 VIEWS

·
Registered
785 Posts
I did Skunk2 coils on my 94 Integra and the Eibach Sportline Kit on my 93 Civic many, many years ago. I was young and single then. Now with a family and a heavier ride, I went with the mildest drop as possible.

I agree, driving a slammed car for almost 25 years WILL cause both seen and unforeseen damage. Premature tire wear, cracked oil pan, cracked transmission, and bottoming out at night which made it look like a firework show for the guy driving behind me lol. Those were the days.....

Reactions: Midnight Mystery

·
2010 2.4EX
154 Posts
I did Skunk2 coils on my 94 Integra and the Eibach Sportline Kit on my 93 Civic many, many years ago. I was young and single then. Now with a family and a heavier ride, I went with the mildest drop as possible.

I agree, driving a slammed car for almost 25 years WILL cause both seen and unforeseen damage. Premature tire wear, cracked oil pan, cracked transmission, and bottoming out at night which made it look like a firework show for the guy driving behind me lol. Those were the days.....
Sounds like a libido trip to me, hence my earlier "WHY"? comment.

I went through my twenties too, but strictly stock - no lowering, no shaving, no kickers in my trunk, tinted glass, fahrty exhaust, wagon wheels, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm asking this in the context of anyone - not just you - but anyone who has ever desired to perform the combination of lowering mods you want to make to your car:

WHY?

My 2010 EX, mi75,000/km125,000, is already kissing driveway thresholds at the local Burger King and other establishments. If I lower it even half-inch, I'll rip the front bumper skirt right off just going down the road, lol!
My car has pretty good clearance, but im getting new wheels before hand, so ill see how high it sits shouldn't be too much of a difference

Thanks this is very helpful!

·
MT or death
127 Posts
All this is why I have yet to EXPLOSIVE, PAINFUL, LOUD, AND EPICALLY UNCONTROLLABLE BOWEL MOVEMENTS WHICH WILL LEAD TO DEHYDRATION, HOSPITALIZATION, ORGAN FAILURE, REPEATED RESUSCITATION, EVENTUAL DEATH, LAWSUITS, ACCUSATIONS, ALLEGATIONS, ACCEPTANCE, LEGAL SETTLEMENTS, AND A YOUTUBE TRIBUTE VIDEO WITH 6 VIEWS
@RickBlaine did you do this? I really did lol. For some reason I can't handle how funny the "acceptance" part is. I like the YouTube part as well. Bravo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@RickBlaine did you do this? I really did lol. For some reason I can't handle how funny the "acceptance" part is. I like the YouTube part as well. Bravo.
Hahahahahahaha

I type how I talk hahaha sometimes I don’t make awhole lot of sense but the editing of my posts is hilarious as FORNICATION: THE ACT OF SEXUAL RELATIONS BETWEEN TWO CONSENTING ADULTS, OR TWO ANIMALS IN THE WILD WANTING TO FURTHER THEIR BLOODLINE SO THAT THEIR SPECIES SHALL SURVIVE

·
Registered
14,413 Posts
How did we get to this?
Whenever members use foul language, poor grammar, and improper sentence construction, I will be there.

My Nissan forum was declining for years due to words. Many members could not understand what the heck some members were writing. Write-ups became useless, swear words were everywhere, and every thread insulted mothers.

Then one Saturday, they got a new group of moderators who banned 150 members. That was just the first Saturday. They actually had a thing called "The Saturday Ban". Everyone who received a temp ban and then came back swearing in their next post with the standard Response of the Illiterate (WTF we al grwn ups hear why u got ban me u stupid mf this forum sux n u suck didt no this was a gramer class in hi skool u people suck) received a permanent ban.

And then membership increased.

I try to just change the swear words. Sometimes, I have no time so I delete the post. Other times I issue a temp ban. If people are just here for a good time and don't mean anything by swearing, it is no big deal. But if racists sign up here (happens from time to time) and start their crap, it is a permanent ban. And no one cares. Then they sign up to reddit and show a screen shot of their trolling- like a badge of honor. They need girlfriends, but are small-penised. Combined with illiteracy, these racists have no chance in life.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
172 Posts
Whenever members use foul language, poor grammar, and improper sentence construction, I will be there.

My Nissan forum was declining for years due to words. Many members could not understand what the heck some members were writing. Write-ups became useless, swear words were everywhere, and every thread insulted mothers.

Then one Saturday, they got a new group of moderators who banned 150 members. That was just the first Saturday. They actually had a thing called "The Saturday Ban". Everyone who received a temp ban and then came back swearing in their next post with the standard Response of the Illiterate (WTF we al grwn ups hear why u got ban me u stupid mf this forum sux n u suck didt no this was a gramer class in hi skool u people suck) received a permanent ban.

And then membership increased.

I try to just change the swear words. Sometimes, I have no time so I delete the post. Other times I issue a temp ban. If people are just here for a good time and don't mean anything by swearing, it is no big deal. But if racists sign up here (happens from time to time) and start their crap, it is a permanent ban. And no one cares. Then they sign up to reddit and show a screen shot of their trolling- like a badge of honor. They need girlfriends, but are small-penised. Combined with illiteracy, these racists have no chance in life.

LOL

Glad DA has a sense of seriousness.

I'm mainly on Acurazine. Specifically the 3G TL Ramblings thread. That place is called the "bro down" and nothing can be taken seriously there. It's pretty much a group of 10 moderators and I just playfully trash talking each other. They're my friends and I love Acurazine for it, but when I have an actual problem, I appreciate DA is there to help.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts