Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and put a new tire on my 2007 Accord I bought last Saturday to replace one that went flat bringing it home. Now the new tire is losing pressure and was nearly flat this evening. Could something be wrong with the wheel? Unfortunately the car was sold with no warranty but I am beginning to think maybe it needs to be returned and get my money back on it.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you have the wheel inspected after the blowout? It's possible that may have damaged/bent/cracked during the blow out. Anyways, worst case scenario you can just buy a new wheel. I don't think that should be a reason for you to try to return the vehicle.
Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping maybe it's the valve stem. It probably got run over during the flat last weekend and damaged I would assume. The rim looks ok but as for a professional opinion, I don't know.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Could be many things related to the tire or wheel. Best to have it checked

Tire should be repairable as long as there's no sidewall puncture and the car was not driven with the tire flat

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
ummm....you should always get a new valve stem when you get a new tire- they are about $2....

As for the wheel being out of round/cracked/bent....what kind of machine was used to spin balance your wheel? Was it a Hunter Force, or some generic name? Please don't tell me you used a ******* method of flammable gas and a Bic lighter to seal the tire to the wheel....

I have seen some places just slap a tire on with a large number of weights to try to balance out the wheel....other reputable tire shops would refuse, either because the wheel needed so much weight, or because the machine detected the wheel was so out of round that it would not hold a seal.

Lastly, what is the date code on the new tire?

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
Are you kidding me? Returning a car over a leaky valve stem/tire/rim?

If you have an air compressor and a spray bottle of soapy water, you can find out real quick where the leak is.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
The soap water thing... or have the wheel dipped in water and checked for bubbles.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is this a steel or aluminum rim? Going to the local tire shop will solve your problem. You did drive on the rim after the blowout, so chances are you bent it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts