Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent new Accord owner here, and thankful of the expertise on the forum.

Found when I try and use the driver seat lumbar adjustment, nothing in the seat back moves, but I can feel something vibrating on one side of the seat and clicking as it rotates.

I've read various complaints in forums regarding how uncomfortable the accord seats are, and discomfort on long drives.

From your experiences I'm interested to know:
1.is it a big repair job to fix?

2.Is it worth fixing at all if the seat is still not such a great design?

I'd appreciate your suggestions.

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
592 Posts
Part is less than 100. Should be an easy fix but time consuming.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If you have back problems and have had back surgery like me then yes you should definitely get it taken care of.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Even without having had that kind of surgery - we wouldn't buy a car without anymore, it just adds a lot of comfort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, mine is broken too. Bought the car not long ago and didn't really notice it was broken until recently. I had read how uncomfortable the accord seats are and just thought that was the issue. Luckily my car is a CPO and it's being covered under warranty. I didn't get the part number but the service guy said it was a 350 job parts/labor, so I guess its not a cheap fix. My lower back is killing me driving around with the position its in...good luck

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
592 Posts
Never use it. All it does is blow up a large bubble that creates lower back pain.
Incorrect , for some people such as myself find it very beneficial to the lower back.

·
PAWN BROKER
136 Posts
My lumbar support broke about 2 years ago. I switched seats to a corbeau seat. Still haven't fixed the lumbar.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1391699858.237450.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts