Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I decided to buy a fog light for my car, after I tried a lot of LED ones from eBay and they all bad.

However I'm back to eBay to find an OEM fog lights for a good price $185 for both sides!

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACCOR...2013|Model:Accord&hash=item233005b388&vxp=mtr

The question is: Do I have to buy any other brackets or frames so I can install the fog lights on them? because my car doesn't have a fog light from the factory and it has only a plastic covers?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
OR you could get creative...

Why spend ~$500 on factory fog lamps that do nothing for visibility? It's basically there for aesthetics only. Many here have tried different HIDs, LEDs, etc to make the fog lights perform better, but the conclusion is that the optics are poorly designed to begin with and therefore nothing will help. For $500, you could get some really nice LED DRLs and other things if it's just for aesthetics.

If I had an Accord LX, I would buy the plastic covers/grills from the newly released Accord Hybrid. Then I would find some nice fog lights (Hella, PIAA, etc.) that actually provide some enhanced visibility or just some really nice LED DRLs like from a BMW or other car. Then I would mount it and cut a hole in the Hybrid grill covers to make it all look OEM. This all could probably be done for less than $300.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OR you could get creative...

Why spend ~$500 on factory fog lamps that do nothing for visibility? It's basically there for aesthetics only. Many here have tried different HIDs, LEDs, etc to make the fog lights perform better, but the conclusion is that the optics are poorly designed to begin with and therefore nothing will help. For $500, you could get some really nice LED DRLs and other things if it's just for aesthetics.

If I had an Accord LX, I would buy the plastic covers/grills from the newly released Accord Hybrid. Then I would find some nice fog lights (Hella, PIAA, etc.) that actually provide some enhanced visibility or just some really nice LED DRLs like from a BMW or other car. Then I would mount it and cut a hole in the Hybrid grill covers to make it all look OEM. This all could probably be done for less than $300.
He said he wanted oem looking fog. And I agree with u that the oem one is not that great but I do like the overall look with the fog.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
60 Posts
I too am waiting for a viable option to replace the covers where the fog lights should be on the LX.

I actually bought the honda factory foglight kit when I first got my car, and when I opened it both foglights had these tiny plastic mounting tabs broken in shipping. the box was factory sealed so they must have been broken in transit. Returned.

The hybrid grills looked promising with the honeycomb pattern, but if you look close only the driver is cutout to allow air through, the passenger side is sealed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too am waiting for a viable option to replace the covers where the fog lights should be on the LX.

I actually bought the honda factory foglight kit when I first got my car, and when I opened it both foglights had these tiny plastic mounting tabs broken in shipping. the box was factory sealed so they must have been broken in transit. Returned.

The hybrid grills looked promising with the honeycomb pattern, but if you look close only the driver is cutout to allow air through, the passenger side is sealed.
Im not sure if this was a issue on honda part but I had the same exact problem. I got the fog light kit brand new in box and they rattle like something was broken. later when I change the bulb to led a plastic tab fell out. The reflector bulb would not be held in place. So maybe it was a bad batch or poor quality control.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im not sure if this was a issue on honda part but I had the same exact problem. I got the fog light kit brand new in box and they rattle like something was broken. later when I change the bulb to led a plastic tab fell out. The reflector bulb would not be held in place. So maybe it was a bad batch or poor quality control.

I think its the cheap lightweight and very rigid plastic Honda uses, there is no play in the foglight housing, bend or move the housing and that tab will snap off, just like some here have experienced changing bulbs in their existing foglights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts