Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay here it goes, i finally made up my mind to purchase one of those after market DVD/NAV/GPS radio mods from those Chinese guys over there.. however coming to find out my LX-P radio is not compatible/supported with any of them.. so i want to keep my factory look, to do so i am willing to change the harness and factory radio to the LX-S since that model i know works with all of the after market radio upgrade... does anybody know the process of getting it done and cost? also is the wire harness interchangeable to avoid cutting wires on my LX-P... i hope its just new harness and radio and i am done
:dunno:

link to honda parts
http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/2009~honda~accord~parts.html

seem like i am answering my own post as i do more research..anyway i went to the dealership on my lunch break and got the following radio harness part numbers for sedan

32118-TA0-A00 LX
32118-TA0-A10 LX-P
32118-TA0-A20 EX
32118-TA0-A30 EX-L
32118-TA0-A40 EX-L NAVI

price at dealer $75
looks like i have to get the EX harness because the LX-P have the same interior setup as the base EX on the sedan

all i need now is the radio the dealer price for the radio was about $700, which i will never pay that price for crap so Ebay and junk yard it is ..unless someone here is selling one very very cheap :)

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
What's the difference between the LX-P and LX-S radios? If I'm not mistaken don't they share the exact same things...?
No. Ex has subwoofer and different headunit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the LX,LX-P have the same single disc radio the LX-S"coupe" EX and EX coupe have the 6 dics radio .. the EX-L have that 6 disc star trek enterprise radio minus the NAVI functions

the LX,LX-P have the same single disc radio the LX-S"coupe" EX and EX coupe have the 6 dics radio .. the EX-L have that 6 disc star trek enterprise radio minus the NAVI functions
oh yeah the EX-L and the NAVI radio comes with the sub

here are the parts i need to do my conversion
harness:32118-TA0-A20
radio:39171-TA0-A32 OR A31

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
If you have a sedan Lx-p this will not work. It will only work with and ex and lx-s. (I have done and installed three of these units.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a sedan Lx-p this will not work. It will only work with and ex and lx-s. (I have done and installed three of these units.
wow 3, that ****s yo!.. thats why i am doing the swap

ok the swap out does work with the suggested parts that i got .. however having some technical issue with the illuminant it only turn on when i run a diag for illuminant.. also the menu button fuctions don't work but some how it pass the test...so i think its the radio not sure idk if there is another step i am missing or it need s a firmware upgrade... also again i get no cd text.. with mp3 cd and regular cds it plays also no indication that it is a mp3 cd or not .... any suggestions please help before i end up at the dealer and spend money for them to look at it

swap work

the swap is a success the only mod you have to do is splice into the can bus wire on the passanger side fuse box see pic also about the display i had the wrong display screen you can't use the stock lx display screen so if you purchse the radio you need screen that goes with it or find a EX or LX-S screen on ebay:banana::thmsup::nuts:
Plantation-20110327-00002.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, I'm embarking on this swap this weekend. I've got all the parts and am ready to put it all in but I don't understand what you are doing with the blue and black wires. Where are they connected to? That's the only question I have left, I can't figure out where they are leading to at the other end that you can't see here in the picture. Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I'm embarking on this swap this weekend. I've got all the parts and am ready to put it all in but I don't understand what you are doing with the blue and black wires. Where are they connected to? That's the only question I have left, I can't figure out where they are leading to at the other end that you can't see here in the picture. Thanks.
the blue and black wire is connected to the can-bus wire that located on the passeneger side fuse box.. if you look at the picture you will see that the blue wire and the pink wire is twisted together that is the can-bus wire i splice into... the blue can-bus wire has a silver dash on it and so does the pink can-bus wire... as you can see i didn't have a pink wire so i used black you can use any color wire ..so i used blue for blue and black for pink... i am sorry i don't have a clear picture it was hard to unclip the plug from the fuse box.. you willhave to unplug that connectort o have abetter access tot he can- bus wire also i did cut away some tape thatw as around it so its more exposed in the picture i have taken and also the blue and black wire i have it spliced on the harness that plugs into the radio .. also what kind of setup are you doing is it the same as me?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm doing the same swap, yes. I have an lx-p and am swapping in the ex-l radio and have already taken care of the hvac controls and have a Sirius kit being installed so I don't need a different harness for that. So the other end of those new wires you ran are going to the radio harness then? That's what I was unclear about, so that's why you needed the new harness for the radio then right?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm doing the same swap, yes. I have an lx-p and am swapping in the ex-l radio and have already taken care of the hvac controls and have a Sirius kit being installed so I don't need a different harness for that. So the other end of those new wires you ran are going to the radio harness then? That's what I was unclear about, so that's why you needed the new harness for the radio then right?
Um, please explain how you got the HVAC controls all set?! :dunno:

Otherwise, I would have done this a while ago. I would love to have dual climate control again...

Also... XM / Sirius? How? With the factory unit or a separate?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i swapped the faceplate from the lx-p radio that my car came with to the ex-l radio and then just left the climate controls in place as they were, nothing to it...

and i got the sirius kit off ebay so it doesn't require any extra factory connectors and still integrates with the stock setup and looks completely stock. all in all i made out pretty good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you should have gotten a wiring diagram for your car.. i hope this will help you.. and i hope you got the correct harness for that radio unless you plan on rewiring your original harness...anyway this connector is located next to the antenna on the back of the radio.. also if you have the correct harness it will plug directly in that connector so all you have to do is locate the wire on the harness and splice into it
EXL.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Um, please explain how you got the HVAC controls all set?! :dunno:

Otherwise, I would have done this a while ago. I would love to have dual climate control again...

Also... XM / Sirius? How? With the factory unit or a separate?
i want to know also post pics of your project i hope it all works out.. i like the dual climate HVAC better then those big knobs .. also share the info on how you got a aftermarket Xm receiver to work with the stock radio

you should have gotten a wiring diagram for your car.. i hope this will help you.. and i hope you got the correct harness for that radio unless you plan on rewiring your original harness...anyway this connector is located next to the antenna on the back of the radio.. also if you have the correct harness it will plug directly in that connector so all you have to do is locate the wire on the harness and splice into it
View attachment 37532
this is the EXL premium radio

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for all the info Jamaica, I didn't have a wiring diagram because I didn't think I would need one, remember I was totally unfamiliar with the can-bus system. After doing a lot more research I now know what I'm dealing with and I appreciate all your help.

So does it matter if I cut the wires in the radio harness entirely and splice into the end of those or just install a "T" and add the wires into the harness leaving them intact? Other than that I will definitely take pictures when I have it all finished!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the info Jamaica, I didn't have a wiring diagram because I didn't think I would need one, remember I was totally unfamiliar with the can-bus system. After doing a lot more research I now know what I'm dealing with and I appreciate all your help.

So does it matter if I cut the wires in the radio harness entirely and splice into the end of those or just install a "T" and add the wires into the harness leaving them intact? Other than that I will definitely take pictures when I have it all finished!
best practice is to tap into it like a "T" thats what i did none of my wires are cut

·
Registered
252 Posts
i swapped the faceplate from the lx-p radio that my car came with to the ex-l radio and then just left the climate controls in place as they were, nothing to it...

and i got the sirius kit off ebay so it doesn't require any extra factory connectors and still integrates with the stock setup and looks completely stock. all in all i made out pretty good.
Well I understand that the face plate may fit, but you're going from a single zone manual climate control unit to a dual with auto. How did you get that to work? They use different systems and have new buttons, not to mention the temperature control sensor for the auto-control.

I just don't understand how you got it to work with the system?? :dunno:

·
niiice!
347 Posts
Well I understand that the face plate may fit, but you're going from a single zone manual climate control unit to a dual with auto. How did you get that to work? They use different systems and have new buttons, not to mention the temperature control sensor for the auto-control.

I just don't understand how you got it to work with the system?? :dunno:
same thoughts.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts