Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Ver nice! Man we need more stuff for the I4. Anyway, enjoy V6 owers!

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Wow, great price how's the fitment? Any proven gains?

·
Registered
431 Posts
nice!! if only they made v6 sedan in manual then i would get it

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, great price how's the fitment? Any proven gains?
Nothing yet, we are getting a few shipped here. If it doesn't go straight to a customer overseas we are planning to install it and hopefully get some before and after dyno's of the combo!

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
That is definitely not as good in design in comparison to the latest RV J pipe. You definitely get what you pay for in this case.

·
I am the Stig
627 Posts
I have the ATLP J Pipe and test pipe and quality is fantastic. Much better design than this. The sound is perfect with my magnaflow exhaust, not loud at all but definitely nice.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, just throwing out another option and letting you guys know it's available. It's less than half the price of the other J-Pipes, but looks as though the flow isn't as good. Will need to test one. As it's been said, (and this is from design alone) looks as though it's just larger tubing in a layout similar to stock.

The interesting part will be if a test pipe/j-pipe combo at this price is so much less than the other brands, what the hp difference may be (i.e. how much of the power is attributed to larger tubing vs. better flow designs).

Not everything may necessarily be the next ground breaking item, but definitely another affordable performance part we should keep our eyes on. Really want to get a dyno before and after on this one..

·
Registered
1,819 Posts

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, nicely put ice.

The jpipe is basically whats further up in front of the catalytic converter. So from the back tips you have your typical catback exhaust, then a catalytic converter (which could be replaced with a test pipe), and then your jpipe.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
So you could replace the catalytic converter with a straight pipe for power gains, but that would fail emissions right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
So you could replace the catalytic converter with a straight pipe for power gains, but that would fail emissions right?
yes, it would definitely fail. i dont know if cops still do this, but if god forbid the cops look under you car and see no cat, you're pretty much screwed. happens moreso in CA than anywhere else that i've heard

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, big thanks to our mod Trip -- I wasn't even able to find this post, must be losing it!

So we received one of these in today. If it doesn't get shipped out to an international customer (pending) we are going to be hopefully getting a before and after dyno of the M2 jpipe/Megan Racing test pipe combo.

We are always looking to test out new items for you guys and be the guinea pig, so here's some things we've noticed so far.

From the looks alone, the flow does not seem as good as some of the recent high end jpipes to hit the market in design. The Megan test pipe looks to be of great flow and I'd expect similar results vs other test pipes.

However, most of our test is going to be relative to power/cost as this combo is much less expensive vs the other alternatives.

Measurements:

Inside diameters of all pipes -

Stock jpipe - 1 3/4" out of each collector

M2 Jpipe - 2 3/8" out of each collector

Need to verify the difference on the rear exit to the test pipe. M2 looks to be 2 3/8", but I have heard the stock was 2 1/2" -- need to verify once I pull the stock pipe.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Bump any word on gains. I was thinking about this J pipe, if there were any proven gains,with it, it would be worth picking up. ALTP J pipe only puts out 10whp gains, if this one put out 5 whp and also put out and deeper exhaust note in conjunction with a catback I think it would be worth picking up, especially coming in at 350-400$ less than its competitors. Obviously if there were losses over stock plumbing, forget about this part. Also can you comment on fitment?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys
I have Accord 2006 V6 and I'm looking to get downpipe I tried to see for 06 but always see for old or new nothing for 2006!!
Do anyone knows if there's any different in downpipe between 2006 and 2008?
Thank u.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Is there anyway you can have the downpipe installed without it triggering the check engine? And if you remove the cat and install the down-pipe and then switch back to the cat would the light automatically go off?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts