Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently became the proud owner of an 08 2.4l accord sedan in Hong Kong. Have appreciated the warm welcome from forum members since joining, so, would appreciate some guidance from your knowledge. Although a Japanese version, it seems to be directly comparable to your US 2.4EX Eighth Generation
Being my first few days with the car, I was understandably keen to see what servicing may be needed. Without any service records coming with the car, and also unsure of the real mileage(both common issues in the Hong Kong second hand car market) I eagerly scrolled thru the options pressing the reset stalk on the dash display to see what the "Maintenance Minder said about the condition of my engine oil.
Alas, when I scroll thru the options, it gives me trip a/trip b/outside temp etc, but no oil %.
Am I missing some step?
I'm going by instructions from the downloadable US owners manual, and my car is exactly the same, but no maintenance minder!
Excuse my ignorance, maybe I am just a newbie. maybe this is a difference between the Japanese and US models.
Any expertise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Jack of All Trades
14 Posts
Recently became the proud owner of an 08 2.4l accord sedan in Hong Kong. Have appreciated the warm welcome from forum members since joining, so, would appreciate some guidance from your knowledge. Although a Japanese version, it seems to be directly comparable to your US 2.4EX Eighth Generation
Being my first few days with the car, I was understandably keen to see what servicing may be needed. Without any service records coming with the car, and also unsure of the real mileage(both common issues in the Hong Kong second hand car market) I eagerly scrolled thru the options pressing the reset stalk on the dash display to see what the "Maintenance Minder said about the condition of my engine oil.
Alas, when I scroll thru the options, it gives me trip a/trip b/outside temp etc, but no oil %.
Am I missing some step?
I'm going by instructions from the downloadable US owners manual, and my car is exactly the same, but no maintenance minder!
Excuse my ignorance, maybe I am just a newbie. maybe this is a difference between the Japanese and US models.
Any expertise would be greatly appreciated.
As I recall, the maintenance minder shows up as a yellow wrench icon in the dash... Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
If I keep pushing the knob I eventually get an oil life percentage. I do have an EX-L, is it possible the EXs don't have this feature?

I'm sure someone can chime in on that.

·
Jack of All Trades
14 Posts
If I keep pushing the knob I eventually get an oil life percentage. I do have an EX-L, is it possible the EXs don't have this feature?

I'm sure someone can chime in on that.
My base LX-S has it, which means all other trims should have it as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone for your assistance, and suggestions. My pressing of the reset know proves fruitless, and there is no yellow wrench symbol when I first light up the dash.
I'm now assuming it's because mine is a Japanese manufactured vehicle for the o/s market, and this feature is not present. From studying a Japanese Accord made for JDM, their dashboard display is different again from the US and from my model.
I'll try to check with the Hong Kong dealership.
Shame, I thought it was a worthwhile feature, and was looking forward to using it's information.

Thanks again for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts