Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously guys lol

I just turned 40k, have done nothing but Mobil 1 oil changes, complete alignment, akebono pads all around, tires, air filters and 1 cabin filter change.

When is it time for me to do some actual maintenance? The dealer told me to follow the minder? I don't want to!

It used to be 30k, 60k, etc. schedules from the dealer. I don't want to get work done at the dealer I just need to know when important things like M/T transmission fluid, etc. should be replaced.

I know the 105k is the big one with spark plugs etc. and I know that brake fluid is every 3 years.

But does anyone else know (or recommend) any maintenance I should perform?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,724 Posts
Seriously guys lol

I just turned 40k, have done nothing but Mobil 1 oil changes, complete alignment, akebono pads all around, tires, air filters and 1 cabin filter change.

When is it time for me to do some actual maintenance?
What you're doing is maintenance.

It used to be 30k, 60k, etc. schedules from the dealer. I don't want to get work done at the dealer I just need to know when important things like M/T transmission fluid, etc. should be replaced.
I think manual says 60K for severe conditions. But it doesn't hurt to change it earlier. I've heard from people who've changed it earlier (@ around 40-50k) that it shifts better once it's changed.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
I don't really understand what you are saying. Change the oil according to the MM or sooner, brake pads as needed, alignment if needed, and cabin filter. You're doing what's needed...... only thing I'd suggest is having your auto transmission fluid changed ever 30k.

What else do you want? Hondas are supposed to be low maintenance.

Unless you're talking about having your dealer do everything that your manuals says to do at every MM interval? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Did you ever READ what they all say to do? Inspect brake lines, inspect wipers, top off fluids, inspect this that and the other thing......

They'll charge you 200.00 to do what you can do yourself at every fuel up at the gas station that would take you 5 minutes.

The only things you need to do are the actual fluid changes at every MM interval. Whatever your interval says, you only need oil, coolant, etc. done at that time.

Also, unless you completely beat on your car, you can do the sparkplugs at 105k when you have the first major service done: timing belts, accessory belt, valve adjustment, water pump, plugs, coolant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts