Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2012 Accord Coupe LX-S 2.4L manual, I also have a intake and a custom stereo system.. This is a lease and I'm going to take out all of my goodies after my lease is up.. What's troubling me right now is the maintenance minder and how it works.. My car is roughly at 14000 miles and this is coming up on like my 3rd or fourth oil change on it after having it for a little over a year or so.. My maintenance minder seems to come on a lot sooner than it should.. I'm at 30 percent and my sticker they put on my car says December something, and like 16 thousand miles.. Now I live in the northeast (getting cold and snowy) and occasionally drive my car hard such as second gear on the highway to zip through rush hour lol (very seldom). Or sometimes I just like to row through the gears, but for the most part it's driven in city traffic.. So I guess I'm wondering do I need to follow The maintenance minder for my warrenty/lease or go in when the sticker tells me to? Also is driving it hard causing my oil to not last that long according to the maintenance minder? I usually being my car in with 10 percent or 5 life left., Thanks in advance

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Yes driving hard reduces the oil life. I'm at 60% with 2500 miles on my oil. But something seems off if you're needing an oil change every 4000 miles.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes driving hard reduces the oil life. I'm at 60% with 2500 miles on my oil. But something seems off if you're needing an oil change every 4000 miles.
Cool thanks for the info, I too find it strange, and want to ask the dealership but I also don't want them thinking they can replace anything.. Etc.. I guess when the wrench icon comes on I'm going to have to go in because I heard you should for the warranty.. Otherwise the oil so far looks fine and mostly clean looking but that dipstick I can't read for the life of me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts