Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 'Maintenance Req'd' icon lit up next to my speedometer. I'm pretty sure it means that I need to consult my maintenance checklist as listed in my owner's manual and address any engine maintenance issues I may have.

I'm wondering if there is any way I could turn that icon off once I've fixed any issues, without involving a mechanic. Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Your car is 2003-2005, right? If so, this light comes on strictly based on mileage distance travelled, nothing else.

To reset, turn off ignition completely, press and hold the oddometer reset post, turn ignition to II, i.e. the position JUST BEFORE cranking, hold the oddometer reset post for 5 seconds or so and you will see the Maintenance Required light extinguish, you are now good to go until the next time the light comes one several thousands of miles later.

·
Super Moderator
4,310 Posts
Also make sure your lights are completely off when you do the above. There is a 7500 mile interval.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Also make sure your lights are completely off when you do the above. There is a 7500 mile interval.
Excellent point, this has come up in the past year or so for another member, took a bit of head scratching to figure this one out! :thmsup:

·
6,322 Posts
Toyota is similiar also. If you try to the reset and the odometer is on the trip "a" or "b" settings the light won't go off. The odometer must be on total miles. :headbash:

·
Registered
23 Posts
just wanted to bump this and say thanks for the info..

mine just came on for the 1st time and i was hoping it was something like this..

problem solved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just holding down button works on my 02 accord but not my 07.
On the 07, you turn the key on get %life to display then hold down button until it starts blinking, release it then hold it down again for another 5 seconds.
I had to get this off the American Honda website.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Just holding down button works on my 02 accord but not my 07.
On the 07, you turn the key on get %life to display then hold down button until it starts blinking, release it then hold it down again for another 5 seconds.
I had to get this off the American Honda website.
Your 07 model is 7.5 Gen after the newer maintenance minder was incorporated, OP's car is 05 which is just the "regular" 7 Gen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts