Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just finished changing the engine oil and filter in my Honda Accord 2002, 4Drive, but I keep getting maintenance Required signal on my dashboard.
What is happenig please..someone help me...I am new to Honda.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That indicator light usually comes on at specified mileage intervals. It has nothing to do with whether or not you actually had any maintenance performed. There should be an easy way to turn the light off, but I'm not sure how its done in a 6 gen. Accord. Try a search, I'm sure you'll come up with something.

·
Swirl Free
2,679 Posts
It should say in the Owners Manual how to turn the light off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the Maintenance Required signal turned off!
In the manual, I got the instruction. I had to turn on the ignition to 2 and pressed the reset knob near the speedometer for about 10 secs till the signal went off...I then started the engine and it was OK. Thanks guys for assisting.

·
Registered
69 Posts
To reset MX Req's indicator light, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Push and hold the SELECT/RESET button and turn ignition switch to ON (II) position. Continue to hold button for more than 10 seconds or until MX Req's light goes out.

Was that the button you pushed, some Hondas have a key slot near the Tach to reset the light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts