Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2007 Accord EX, and was looking through Google images for some ideas on exterior mods. I would like to do some small mods to the mechanical/performance department, but I don't want to lose any of that Accord reliability. I found a SEMA concept coupe that I thought looked pretty nice.

Link if the pic didn't show up ---> http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/02K5A522703768/Honda-Accord-Concept-Coupe-SEMA-2002-2003

I don't plan on doing the body kit, but instead getting the HFP lip kit for it instead. I was also thinking of plasti-dip for the yellow/black scheme and even purchasing a carbon fiber spoiler. The wing I was looking at only has a 3in stand, so it would be more subtle..right? I've heard of people calling it "rice", but I don't really agree with that term anyways. If you spent the money for the car, why not make it something you'd be proud of? Not diving into that topic, but would this investment be a good idea? I've seen alot of clean accords in my time researching and choosing this vehicle, and I gotta say this concept coupe really blew me away. Any opinions or ideas on how the final result could look? Thanks fam!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I recently purchased a 2007 Accord EX, and was looking through Google images for some ideas on exterior mods. I would like to do some small mods to the mechanical/performance department, but I don't want to lose any of that Accord reliability. I found a SEMA concept coupe that I thought looked pretty nice.

Link if the pic didn't show up ---> http://www.carpictures.com/vehicle/02K5A522703768/Honda-Accord-Concept-Coupe-SEMA-2002-2003

I don't plan on doing the body kit, but instead getting the HFP lip kit for it instead. I was also thinking of plasti-dip for the yellow/black scheme and even purchasing a carbon fiber spoiler. The wing I was looking at only has a 3in stand, so it would be more subtle..right? I've heard of people calling it "rice", but I don't really agree with that term anyways. If you spent the money for the car, why not make it something you'd be proud of? Not diving into that topic, but would this investment be a good idea? I've seen alot of clean accords in my time researching and choosing this vehicle, and I gotta say this concept coupe really blew me away. Any opinions or ideas on how the final result could look? Thanks fam!
The front bumper on that concept coupe looks hideous to me. Just my opinion, but if you're thinking of making your car look like that, don't make the bumper look like that. :D

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,007 Posts
I found a SEMA concept coupe that I thought looked pretty rice.

I agree. :D

The wing I was looking at only has a 3in stand, so it would be more subtle..right? I've heard of people calling it "rice", but I don't really agree with that term anyways. If you spent the money for the car, why not make it something you'd be proud of?
As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. It's your car. Do what you want with it.

And in case you were wondering, people generally consider something to be "rice" when it adds zero performance to a car and it looks like it's suppose to, and the part is not aesthetically pleasing either.

The majority of wings are designed for looks. They are not designed and tested for performance. Then there's the logic of putting a big arse wing on a FWD grocery getter. There isn't going to be much, if any, downforce created driving around town. Now, if you're planning to track the car, then that's a different story.

Not diving into that topic, but would this investment be a good idea?
An investment is something that is obtained with the hope/goal of it generating income or appreciating in value. Will this wing generate income or appreciate in value?

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think I'll ever track the car. I'm mainly considering the wing strictly for looks. I realize the wing would only rob a little power, if at all, from the FWD, and so I'm still on the fence about that.

As far as an investment goes, I know any mod usually depreciates a car. What I meant was if in my shoes, would you personally spend the money for the looks? Or could it be better spent elsewhere on the vehicle that I haven't thought of?

Thanks for the reply!

·
Roll Tide!
6,795 Posts
If you spent the money for the car, why not make it something you'd be proud of?
You can polish a turd all you want, but it's still a turd. You may like a nice shiny turd, but most everyone else will recognize it as just a turd. If you wanna dump $5K into a $10K car and depreciate the car's value to a couple $K less than what you paid for for it, then go for it. It's your money and if that's what it takes to make you proud of your Accord, go for it. Just don't be surprised when you go to sell it and can't find the ONE buyer that shares your vision. Seriously.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,007 Posts
As far as an investment goes, I know any mod usually depreciates a car. What I meant was if in my shoes, would you personally spend the money for the looks? Or could it be better spent elsewhere on the vehicle that I haven't thought of?

Thanks for the reply!
I personally wouldn't do it because I don't like the Fast and Furious look. But as stated before, if you like it, get it. The part only runs about $100-$150, so its not like it's going to break the bank.

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dipping the car and the Honda factory lip kit/wheelsr wouldn't nearly hit 5k I would imagine. The wing I can see being the biggest problem about the car. Otherwise, the lip kit is a Honda lip kit, so I wonder how much it would depreciate the car? Dipping is reversible too, so I guess my only dilemma is the wing, again. Lol. I totally get where you're coming from, though, and I appreciate the feedback! In my mind, I don't see an Accord being a turd. It's a great piece of machinery. That's just me I guess.

@namegoeshere,

I'm probably gonna get a factory wing from Honda and bolt that on instead. I'm a fan of fast and furious cars, but then I remember they don't drive Accords lol.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,007 Posts
@namegoeshere,

I'm probably gonna get a factory wing from Honda and bolt that on instead. I'm a fan of fast and furious cars, but then I remember they don't drive Accords lol.
That may be the smarter choice. An aluminum wing requires drilling holes into your trunk. When it comes time to sell the car, you may have a harder time selling it with the wing, which means you'll want to remove it. But then you're left with all these holes. How many people are going to want a car with a bunch of holes in the trunk lid?

With an OEM spoiler, you can just leave it on because it doesn't scream look at me. It blends in better and is less noticeable/obnoxious.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do whatever makes you happy, man. :thumbsup:

btw, I also have an '07 coupe - if you'd like me to look up the contact info of the seller I bought my rear spoiler from, I'd be happy to get that for you. They did an excellent job at painting it, also. This is the second harsh winter it's going through and it's still in the shape it was in day one. The paint match was dead-on, as well.

These were taken a few days ago:

·
Meego_Win
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@dreaminaccord dude, are you the same dreaminaccord on YouTube? I've seen your coupe in your videos! I love the graphite pearl color. Great car! Very clean. And I was gonna buy it from HandA.com but if your guy's cheaper I'd love to do business! Thanks!

·
I <3 My Honda
3,245 Posts
lol that'd be me ;) let me see if I can find his contact info for you

EDIT: Sent you a PM bud

1 - 12 of 12 Posts