Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet on Drive Accord but I was wondering does anyone know how to make the top screen work after installing an aftermarket Head Unit? I've been trying to find the correct wire to tap into for the top screen to work and have my back up camera working as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Head Unit:
Pioneer AVH-170 DVD
Steering Wheel Control:
Axxcess Interfaces ASWC-1
(Still having trouble not sure which wire to tap into)

Update:
After a lot of digging through forums I've found that 99-7804B from Metra has the wiring harness so I'll give that a go and give you guys an update. I purchased a dash kit from eBay and it fits like a glove but all other functions do not work without that interface box.

· Registered
1,399 Posts
I haven't looked into the wiring, but the OEM upper screen may get the signal all the time and have an input switched on once the reverse gear is selected. If that's the case you might only need to have the input energized.

The other side of this is the general idea is that the upper screen is a slave unit to the lower unit and once the lower unit is disconnected the upper screen will have issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.